Video Strategist and Producer
West Hollywood, CA
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned video professional who has extensive YouTube experience with a track record of producing and optimizing videos and growing engagement across all video channels. You are constantly finding interesting trends and can effortlessly bring them to life in compelling videos. A strong understanding of the social video ecosystem, a passion for beauty/wellness/nutrition and an insatiable curiosity about the consumer and their video consumption will be key to success. This role sits on the Digital Marketing team and will work cross-functionally with Creative, Editorial, Marketing and Legal to produce and grow our top-notch video library and channels.
- Develop an ever-evolving slate of video content that engages new viewers, elevates our brand, and delights our existing audience.
- Stroy-board and produce creative, fun, and social-driven videos that users will watch and engage with across all our video platforms.
- Manage the full cycle of production from writing/scripting, pre-pro, producing on set, overseeing post making sure that all videos can live seamlessly across multiple platforms and cuts.
- Manage video strategy, production, distribution, reporting and optimization across all current and future video channels and platforms.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to spearhead YouTube channel growth, including content proposition, programming strategy, legal clearances, branding and video optimization.
- Stay on top of emerging video platforms and innovations and experiment with new video formats and channels.
- Support our internal digital marketing, education, brand and editorial teams
- Keep track of relevant topical and series trends, create content ideas around them, and analyze the results of videos across .
- Own YouTube channel including channel branding, programming, growth, optimization (eg. Titles, tags, descriptions, annotations, etc) and reporting strategies
- Work with the Digital team to derive insights from Analytics as well as and other social platforms, to drive viewership and engagement. Lead creation of recurring reporting on impact of rollout and optimization efforts against newly established benchmarks for success.
- Collaborate with external talent to drive engagement and growth
- Manage a small team of (in-house and freelance) video production staff to execute video production on a tight deadline and budget
- 4+ years professional experience working cross-functionally to drive company KPIs
- 2+ years hands-on relevant experience in writing and producing social video production with familiarity with DSLR cameras, lighting, and editing
- 2+ years experience in video strategy and creating engaging video content for various video channels with proven ability to engage, connect and build channel audience.
- BA/BS in Film, Communication or a related field
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once while retaining a high attention quality.
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Experience with video metrics and platform analytics required. YouTube and Google
- Analytics certified preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of YouTube, IG Stories, IGTV and what kind of content works there. Must be familiar with the platform' s tools, how to use them creatively, and how to create a compelling story across several videos and slides
- Strong editorial judgment and knack for being on top of trending topics and the ability to bring them to life in compelling videos.
- Expert understanding of the entire online social video ecosystem (YouTube, IG Stories/Live, IGTV, Tick-Tock, FB Live, etc) and knowledge of the tools, analytics, formats and content for each and how to engage with fan communities.
- Avid follower of pop culture, beauty, wellness, and lifestyle trends (especially for millennial and Gen Z women)
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Courtney has worked in the recruitment industry since 2013 and is currently the director of marketing recruitment. She specializes in placing candidates within e-commerce, digital marketing, analytics, CRM, loyalty marketing, and sales/account management positions across various industries nationwide. By working to develop close relationships, she is able to effectively match the right candidates with the right clients, and as a valued resource to both parties throughout the process. Her favorite thing about recruiting is hearing how candidates have found success and career growth within their new companies.
Before recruiting, she worked in digital marketing, specializing in search engine marketing. She holds an MBA from Canisius College and a bachelor’s degree from Niagara University, where she also played Division 1 soccer.
- Hobbies: Baking - creating artwork on cookies, playing soccer and, of course, spending time with my crazy Goldendoodle Winston. Biggest addiction: chocolate chip cookies & cheese