VP Finance/Sr. Financial Controller
West Hollywood, CA
- Lead preparation of management accounts – P&L, BS and CF
- Ensure cash controlled with visibility of spend, tax and insurance paid
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Develop detailed revenue, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments, including operations, development, sales and marketing
- Liaison with tax accountants, auditors, bankers, insurance brokers, lawyers, etc
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Ideally, 4+ years blue-chip Accountancy firm background and then 4+ years relevant industry experience.
- Ability to be a strong, clear communicator with Leadership Team
- Ideal experience will be in Ecommerce and/or beauty, health or wellness
- Proven experience with accounting for Inventory, incl ERB (systems and implementation)
- Proven results in managing a Finance team
- Proven experience in Managing Processes, ERB, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Courtney has worked in the recruitment industry since 2013 and is currently the director of marketing recruitment. She specializes in placing candidates within e-commerce, digital marketing, analytics, CRM, loyalty marketing, and sales/account management positions across various industries nationwide. By working to develop close relationships, she is able to effectively match the right candidates with the right clients, and as a valued resource to both parties throughout the process. Her favorite thing about recruiting is hearing how candidates have found success and career growth within their new companies.
Before recruiting, she worked in digital marketing, specializing in search engine marketing. She holds an MBA from Canisius College and a bachelor’s degree from Niagara University, where she also played Division 1 soccer.
- Hobbies: Baking - creating artwork on cookies, playing soccer and, of course, spending time with my crazy Goldendoodle Winston. Biggest addiction: chocolate chip cookies & cheese