Buffalo, NY 14222
Our client, a local CPA firm with a very good client mix needs a Tax Manager to take on high level manager duties. This firm has a very good work / life balance ( 50-60 hours during tax season ). The firm is looking for an experienced tax professional to be a subject matter expert in the personal and entity tax preparation profit centers of the firm. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to communicate with clients, prepare & review returns, develop staff and provide constructive review notes.
- Accurate and efficient preparation and review of personal and entity returns with a wide range of complexity (C-Corps, S-Corps, Partnerships, Multi-State, Estates, Not for Profits etc.) in compliance with current tax laws
- Tax and GAAP financial statement preparation and review
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related issues, and make recommendations for business and process improvements in order to help clients to build value within their businesses
- Conduct ad hoc tax research
- Maintain current knowledge of evolving tax law, regulations and related technology solutions
- Mentor and develop junior staff
- Champion internal firm projects to achieve continuous quality and efficiency improvement
- Professional, accountable, dependable and trustworthy
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an aptitude for business consulting
- Advanced communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to contribute to the growth and development of the firm
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA preferred; EA candidates will be considered
- 5+ years experience in complex tax preparation, review and research experience required
- 5+ years experience in financial statement preparation
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Experience with Ultratax software is a plus
Director of Corporate Recruiting
Andrew has worked in the recruitment industry since 2014, primarily within the accounting and financial services field. With previous experience working for one of the largest privately held staffing agencies in the United States, Andrew gained experience in B2B sales, talent management and the sourcing and recruiting of local professionals.
In terms of Andrew’s educational background, he graduated from Saint Bonaventure University with a bachelor’s degree in business marketing. He joined the DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale team in the beginning of 2018 as the director of corporate recruiting, where his primary focus is within the Buffalo market. He strives to build strong, long-lasting relationships with both candidates and clients by matching talented professionals with local industry leaders. His recruiting experience ranges among multiple professional disciplines, specifically within the retail, financial services and manufacturing sectors.
- Andrew enjoys spending time with his friends and family, golfing and travelling in his spare time.