Sr. Continuous Improvement Specialist
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leads the Continuous Improvement process (e.G. Behaviors, attitude and culture), working with staff and operations to develop, implement and sustain a continuous improvement program based upon lean principles that support meeting plant goals and targets.
- Leads, identifies and defines scope of continuous improvement planning and activities.
- Primary owner in leading and/or coordinating continuous improvement activities.
- Easily identifies opportunities and works closely with technical resources to help drive efficiencies and best practices.
- Teaches and models root cause analysis and problem solving to prevent recurrence, standard work and follow-up. Viewed as an expert in these areas.
- Works with manufacturing to develop A Standard of Work to ensure processes and work instructions are kept up to date and documented.
- Works with Department Leaders rolling out 5s initiatives
- Be a change agent who challenges existing processes that create waste and non-value added work.
- Coaches, guides and/or leads cross-functional teams to achieve resolution of assigned projects.
- Lead focused efforts aimed at breakthrough and incremental improvements in process, department and/or line-specific opportunities that meet and exceed plant operational performance metrics.
- Monitor data and metrics to identify areas of waste and prioritize the development and implementation of solutions.
- Teaches and models tools and concepts of Lean Thinking and Six Sigma, facilitates kaizen events
- Provide appropriate documentation and project update communication to Operations leadership. Collaborates with all departments and individuals affected by CI projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Deep understanding of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement methodologies and ability to teach and model them.
- Must have strong analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to influence, mentor and coach to get results through others.
- Results driven for being the low cost producer and supporting company growth strategies.
- Convey high level of optimism while setting aggressive targets to teams, finding ways to achieve them.
- Communicates a compelling vision and inspired sense of purpose. Talks about the possibilities and is optimistic. Creates strong morale and spirit within team.
- Solves highly complex problems and prioritizes actions in a timely manner. Probes all sources for answers and can quickly sense what will help resolve issues.
- Establish clear directions, sets stretching objectives. Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner and brings out the best in people through leveraging their strengths.
- Speaks candidly and provides constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Organizes and manages projects; interacts, supports, facilitates and leads multi-functional work teams; leads teams to consensus; strong negotiation skills.
- Able to build strong relationships across the facility to partner with, support and fosters change.
- BS Degree preferred, certifications and 3 + yrs. In a manfuacturing setting.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Manufacturing Recruitment
Recruitment professional since 1983, Mary is the first associate of the firm since its inception. Through her many years of experience, she has developed long-lasting professional relationships and has developed an extraordinary network within the food manufacturing industries. Graduate of Hilbert College.