Social Media and Public Relations Manager
Van Nuys, CA
**Looking for someone who can manager agencies**
We are looking for an experienced contributor who's passionate about community development, social media, and innovative brand communications.
Working with the Chief Brand Officer and outside agency, the Social Media and Public Relations Manager will help refine and execute strategies to develop the company's social channels by increasing content reach and engagement, leveraging user generated content, and optimizing our cross-channel strategy.
- Social Media
- Responsible for posting and management all of the Company US social media platforms.
- Expand social media reach, maintain favorable consumer sentiment, and engage with Company communities.
- Plan, post and monitor all social media content as well as work closely with agency, Brand Design and marketing teams to support campaigns.
- Oversee community management, including moderating support for social media initiatives, and scheduling content. Develop, implement, and manage innovative ideas/promotions to drive greater relevance, engagement, and grow external social media communities.
- Stay current with social media trends and incorporate, as appropriate, to improve the customer experience, drive sales, and leverage ongoing customer involvement.
- Bloggers and Advocate Network
- Establish and maintain a group of Company advocates who provide product feedback and generate online reviews.
- Assist with community outreach and engagement via Company's ecommerce website.
- Work with CBO and agency on all initiatives.
- Agency Management
- Working under the direction of the CBO, manage external agencies to assist in PR and Social Media activities. Support decisions with ROI based analysis and KPI tracking.
- Work in collaboration with other team members and agency partners to ensure initiatives have 360-degree support and alignment across all channels.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing/PR/Communications or similar discipline preferred.
- 5+ plus years public relations and social media marketing experience in consumer packaged goods.
- STRONG proven Experience managing budgets and outside agencies.
- Strong proven knowledge of public relations best practices and metrics
- Strong, proven EI skills.
- Strong communication skills and a highly professional manner with the motivation to pitch media.
- Superior writing and editing skills and strong proofreading and grammar skills with a proven ability to create unique and compelling positioning and messaging.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to maintain and grow a social media presence across array of networks and technologies.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Passionate and driven. A demonstrated willingness to roll-up sleeves and do what it takes to drive initiatives to success.
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”