Social Media Manager
La Plata, MD
The Social Media Manager role will report directly to the Director, Brand Marketing and be responsible for leading social strategy and developing highly creative campaigns to grow our Retail Marketing Brands social channels, online marketing initiatives, PR campaigns, and blending on/offline engagement.
The role will actively develop our social marketing strategy by defining goals and objectives for social platforms and identifying new opportunities to expand the company's digital presence leveraging best practices to drive both organic and paid engagement. The role is responsible for scoping and executing social media campaigns to support content initiatives, products and our brands' mission. The role is responsible for managing our social media advertising budget and defining a paid strategy built around performance and accountability.
- Develop and implement a strategic social media plan that reflects our Retail Marketing Brands mission, including targeting and reaching multiple audiences, creating opportunity to drive consumers towards the path of purchase to meet aligned KPIs.
- Be the primary social media day-to-day driver by generating, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content (including contests, Instagram stories, live content) with appropriate frequency
- Manage day-to-day social listening across social platforms including engaging with new audiences, responding to our active fan base questions and comments with speed and good judgement.
- Read, write and edit copy, reviewing and routing for internal approval to key stakeholders to ensure all content adheres to brand voice and visual identity
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of strategic communications and marketing campaigns.
- Use creative acumen and skills to plan, organize and create a social media calendar and publish content (including across all key platforms with sharp attention to detail. Implement a range of social media campaigns (including online events) on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Distribute approved social media calendar content while adhering to brand voice and creative guidelines; publish content across all key platforms with sharp attention to detail. Support recruitment team on asset creation for online job recruitment sites.
- Design and implement organic and paid social media strategies to align with business goals. This includes developing appropriate budgets for social media activities, setting specific campaign objectives and goals, running analytics on how campaigns performed, and clearly and effectively communicate back to the team the results.
- Provide detailed analysis, monitoring, tracking and reporting on performance of social channels, using tools such as Google Analytics, as well as native reporting through Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Recommend new strategies and present business cases to key stakeholders to elevate social channels according to business goals
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications. Suggest and implement new features to our social media accounts to extend brand awareness.
- BA/BS in communications, marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5+ years related experience within social media and community management
- Strong attention to detail, well-organized, self-directed and with problem-solving abilities and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent copyrighting skills.
- Ability to project manage and hold others accountable for their work.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and platforms/communities
- Strong quantitative skills; knowledge of key social media channels and metrics
- A passion for storytelling through multiple formats, both visual and written
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Active personal profiles on social platforms
- Deep expertise with analytics and proficient in tools to measure engagement
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and/or other social/digital media analytics and management platforms, preferred
- Adobe Suite/Photoshop and/or other photo editing software knowledge preferred
- Salesforce Social Cloud Experience a plus.
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Courtney has worked in the recruitment industry since 2013 and is currently the director of marketing recruitment. She specializes in placing candidates within e-commerce, digital marketing, analytics, CRM, loyalty marketing, and sales/account management positions across various industries nationwide. By working to develop close relationships, she is able to effectively match the right candidates with the right clients, and as a valued resource to both parties throughout the process. Her favorite thing about recruiting is hearing how candidates have found success and career growth within their new companies.
Before recruiting, she worked in digital marketing, specializing in search engine marketing. She holds an MBA from Canisius College and a bachelor’s degree from Niagara University, where she also played Division 1 soccer.
- Hobbies: Baking - creating artwork on cookies, playing soccer and, of course, spending time with my crazy Goldendoodle Winston. Biggest addiction: chocolate chip cookies & cheese