Senior Web Analytics Manager
San Francisco, CA
In this role, you will be part of a Digital Marketing & eCommerce group for this growing company. Responsible for driving discipline in marketing analytics, supporting the marketing organization with sophisticated analytics and reporting, and understanding the impact of marketing efforts. This is a team focused on driving online sales by optimizing the shopper experience across digital efforts.
The ideal candidate is a data expert who has a focus for translating numbers into meaningful, smart, convincing stories to influence management efforts in forward thinking. You will be responsible for the marketing analytics lifecycle – from analyzing and developing statistically significant insights and reporting to partnering with key stakeholders on optimization plans for marketing activities. You will also have a thorough understanding of direct response digital media and metrics, budgeting, multi touch attribution, marketing/media mix modeling and optimization techniques.
You will take ownership of analytics projects and programs, work with contractors and agencies, partner with Marketing, Business Intelligence, Finance and other cross-functional teams to establish priorities and timelines to deliver on critical digital marketing analytics initiatives. You will work in close partnership with a technology team to continually evaluate the marketing analytics tech stack and identify opportunities to drive growth of the business.
- Function as the lead analytics partner for digital marketing: own end-to-end performance reporting on all core performance marketing metrics
- Take ownership of all datasets for measurement of digital marketing performance and reporting to cross-functional stakeholders, including leadership in marketing, business intelligence and technology
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop strategy, goals and KPIs through the entire marketing funnel from awareness to purchase
- Work with a Tech team to design and deliver an analytics roadmap to achieve a goal of a 360° customer view
- Extract insights on behavior of customers acquired through performance channels using analytics tools, data platforms and internal databases
- Ensure numbers are solid by performing individual quality control, checking with relevant data owners, and cross-referencing findings against secondary sources
- Surface analytical insights: proactively investigate root causes of data, and identify opportunities for optimization
- Identify gaps in data capture/integrity and partner with Tech team to collaboratively implement enhancements
- Drive interpretation, socialization and adoption of operational marketing reports
- Bachelor' s required, Master' s preferred
- Background in statistics or financial analysis a plus
- At least 7 years of experience in an analyst role, preferably within a retail/e-commerce environment
- 4+ years' experience working on performance and CRM marketing (through channels such as SEM, Display and Email)
- Ability to communicate complex analyses throughout the Marketing organization, and build excitement and buy-in to analytics objectives and findings
- Experience with technical analytics implementation and familiar with tools such as Google Analytics, Tealium and CrazyEgg.
- Experience forecasting demand across channels and customer segments
- Experience with multi-channel attribution analysis and media mix modeling
- Advanced data visualization and dashboarding experience, Tableau.
- Experience working with large data sets to mine insights using statistical analysis
- Outstanding presentation and PowerPoint skills
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…