Senior Manager of E-Mail Marketing
New York, NY US
This is a hybrid work schedule (ideally 3 days a week in the office).
The Sr. Manager of Email marketing will own the strategy, planning, and operations for this fashion brand's marketing email campaigns. You'll be responsible for driving increased revenue by optimizing and improving email marketing effectiveness. They will partner closely with the digital marketing team to ensure that the email channel is meeting expectations and will drive the business by optimizing email campaign performance, sharing key findings with cross-functional partners, planning, and executing regular A/B tests, and ensuring that all marketing emails are deployed properly. Highly analytical and KPI driven, this person is always looking to improve email marketing performance while aligning with the brand's strategic goals. The right candidate will have experience and expertise in the areas of email strategy/planning, email operations, and email metrics and analytics.
- Owns and manages the brand email marketing calendar drives strategy and planning with the aim of ensuring that email communications are aligned with key brand messages
- Oversees the email forecast to ensure all communications are driving daily revenue goals
- Partner with merchants to align email marketing strategy with site content updates to ensure the consistent customer experience
- Oversee email acquisition strategy through onsite capture, promotions, and other marketing channels
- Oversees and manages the email operations process (including segmentation/programming/deployment) and serves as the final sign-off on all marketing emails being deployed
- Oversees monitoring of email deliverability and opt-outs
- Drives daily email segmentation strategy always working to ensure that the right message is going to the right customer at the right time
- Partners closely with CRM/lifecycle marketing counterparts to increase segmentation, personalization, and dynamic content in marketing emails
- Plans and manages a rigorous A/B test calendar, with the goal of driving increased repeat purchase behavior and successful on-boarding and conversion of new prospects, tracking performance, and sharing out results/recommendations to the wider teams (digital, brand, creative, merchandising) to drive future email strategy
- Reports on email campaign performance on a weekly and monthly basis, sharing our findings and actionable insights with the wider team
- Serves as the subject matter expert on the brand's email marketing leading discussions and decision-making between cross-functional teams
- Manage relationship with email service provider
- Manages 1 junior email marketer. Provide leadership, guidance, and prioritization.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of experience producing marketing emails
- Prior experience in email strategy for an eCommerce or multi-channel retailer
- Proficient in Excel and Google Analytics.
- Strong knowledge of email best practices, metrics, and KPIs. Experience executing personalized campaigns utilizing segmentation.
- Acute attention to detail. Strong verbal and excellent written communication skills.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Familiarity with compliance requirements for privacy and digital communication regulations and legislation domestically (CAN-SPAM, CCPA) and internationally (GDPR)
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…