Senior Ecommerce Manager
Van Nuys, CA
The Senior Ecommerce Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing and sales strategies for the website that grows the Ecommerce Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business through digital marketing programs and drives profitability. The role will also serve as an advisor for optimization of the retail.Com digital marketing program as well as the company's subject matter expert in digital marketing tactics.
- Define and execute ecommerce marketing sales strategy and integrated marketing campaign aimed at consumer recruiting and retention, and increasing conversions based on data-driven analysis, within the following channels:
- SEM (paid search and paid social) including setting ROAS goals, budget, roadmap, optimization, and overall sales goals.
- SEO (earned and organic media)
- Email Marketing including setting email roadmap, A/B testing, segmentation, ideation, and optimization.
- Affiliate Marketing including setting affiliate roadmap, publisher and influencer partnerships, paid ads, optimization, and overall sales goals).
- Content Marketing (blog and video) including setting objectives (in support of brand and ecommerce), determining target audience, content ideation, and maintenance.
- Partner with Marketing leads to identify avenues towards retail.Com growth (e.G. Target and Walmart), share strategic objectives, and collectively grow our businesses.
- Work cross-functionally with Company brand design, brand marketing, sales, and retail.Com teams on alignment of ecommerce, brand and social initiatives, new product launches, and overall business.
- Manage paid media, affiliate, email marketing agencies with a focus on meeting business objectives, sales strategy, optimization, budgets, and contracts.
- Produce, analyze, and deliver reporting on digital marketing KPIs including, but not limited to, revenue, cost, ROAS, ROI, traffic, CPA, CR, transactions, and overall growth and health of digital marketing channels.
- Manage marketing budget (paid media, content, affiliate, and email) and financial planning for company website, and continuously monitor, analyze, and forecast sales performance to achieve sales and profitability goals.
- Plan and direct Digital Marketing Calendar in support of seasonal events, new product launches, promotions, and overall marketing initiatives driving traffic to the website.
- Own product forecast and work with Ecommerce Merchandising/Operations team to ensure correct inventory is allocated based on demand and velocity.
- Partner with Sr. Ecommerce Manager (Merchandising/Operations) on setting annual project roadmap to achieve growth goals and deliver a best-in-class online shopping experience across marketing, merchandising, and operations.
- Ensure creative asset request forms (CARFs) are submitted for on-time delivery of assets required to support all marketing campaigns.
- Partner with Merchandising/Operations Sr. Ecommerce Manager and Development (IT) to successfully integrate marketing solutions such as email service provider (ESP) migration.
- Work with merchandising/operations team to ensure proper execution of digital marketing campaigns within company website.
- Participate in building and directing a team of ecommerce professionals that can effectively develop and execute creative ecommerce solutions.
- Provide thought leadership, innovation, and process optimization for ecommerce DTC business.
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years business experience in e-commerce B2C and/or DTC, including experience managing a team of direct reports, and a proven track record in leading/growing web sales.
- Working knowledge of Google Adwords and Facebook Ad Manager.
- Experience with managing and optimizing online marketing tactics and CRM with an emphasis on efficient spending to generate high ROI.
- Experience using web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics.
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the flexibility to accommodate demanding projects schedules.
- Analytic and technical mind, with a creative eye.
- Knowledge of digital, particularly mobile, email, marketing, and segmentation practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to foster a cooperative, results-driven work environment.
- Excellent copywriting skills and visual skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing website agencies including work in redesigns, SEO rankings, and formatting sites to drive more traffic.
- Detail-oriented and able to coordinate multiple work streams for on-time project delivery.
- Experience with Magento a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”