Senior Director of User Experience (UX)
San Francisco, CA
This role is a key leader in the Digital Marketing organization and an active participant in planning overall project priorities, feature roadmap, and measurement. Above all, you thrive on being a change agent, and building a best-in-class UX team that performs well within the company culture.
· Builds, manages, and inspires a team of cross-functional UX professionals
· Keeps the customer' s ease of use as a top priority while aligning to business outcomes
· Ensures world-class design quality
· Partners with stakeholders (Including Product Management, Development, Marketing, Field Development) on vision and strategy to ensure interaction experience is on brand, meets stakeholder needs and accomplishes business goals.
· Creates, establishes, and promotes UX processes to better integrate the UX team with other critical functions at the company. Also provides leadership to improve existing processes for driving digital consumer experiences
· Owns, maintains and improves the UX design system by improving and adding design patterns for desktop, tablet, mobile, and emerging technologies
· Maintains awareness of all user research activities, previous and current. Ensures UX team applies user research across projects in a consistent and meaningful way
· Recommends new research activities to deepen the understanding of mental models for specific user groups in order to make strategic, informed design recommendations.
· 10+ years of experience leading design of rich interactive experiences, including responsive web, mobile first, and native mobile application design.
· 8-10 years management experience.
· Demonstrated success in designing customer-facing, large scale experiences that perform well on mobile
· Strong leadership, team building, mentoring & coaching to a team of cross-functional UX professionals. A positive force that leads by example in embracing the ongoing changes in scaling the business via digital channels
· Leads recruiting and hiring of new talent for UX team
· Extensive knowledge of information architecture, user-centered design best practices, creative and visual design concepts as these relate to consumer site design and applications
· Expertise in UX best practices, functional design and application delivery
· Strong design aesthetic, attention to detail, and familiarity with using data and customer insights to influence design decisions
· Experience in creating and owning a design system
· Clear understanding of the difference between user research and market research
· Clear understanding of the difference between user testing and UAT
· Exceptional cross-functional communication and collaboration skills. You must be comfortable and confident leading discussions at all levels, from C-suite to junior product managers.
· Ability to prioritize and manage all UX work in a fast-paced ambiguous, environment
· Must have a strong portfolio featuring examples of visual, interaction or graphic design work
· Expertise in Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience with managing sprints in Jira
· UX vendor selection and management, including RFP process experience
· Decisive/supportive to UX team by managing work intake & load balancing among team members
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…