Registered Nurse Maternity
- Provides direct patient care to the patient on the Maternity unit. Evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Monitor the medical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel.
- Writes initial nursing histories, assesses patients' conditions and develops individual care plans for patients assigned to the Maternity Unit.
- Administers and controls narcotics and medications.
- Assist physicians with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Assists attending physicians, co-workers and families as needed in time of stress or crisis.
- Demonstrates the ability to document in a clear, complete, concise, and organized manner, demonstrating skill in the nursing process.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental objectives, and infection control policies.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Ensures an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of equipment.
- Orients, instructs, and trains assigned personnel; Assist the Director/Manager with assigned nursing administrative duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; Bachelor of Science (BSN) preferred.
- RN Licensure in New York State
- Must possess BLS within sixty (60) days from time of placement and obtain NALS certification within twelve (12) months from time of placement
- Six (6) months of recent Registered Nurse work experience in a Hospital Maternity Unit.
- Knowledge/interpretation fetal monitor tracing, dynamap, and doppler preferred.
- Good human relations and oral/written communication skills.
- Administrative Skills including: Answer telephones, Maintain logs, Maintain patient charts.
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Courtney has worked in the recruitment industry since 2013 and is currently the director of marketing recruitment. She specializes in placing candidates within e-commerce, digital marketing, analytics, CRM, loyalty marketing, and sales/account management positions across various industries nationwide. By working to develop close relationships, she is able to effectively match the right candidates with the right clients, and as a valued resource to both parties throughout the process. Her favorite thing about recruiting is hearing how candidates have found success and career growth within their new companies.
Before recruiting, she worked in digital marketing, specializing in search engine marketing. She holds an MBA from Canisius College and a bachelor’s degree from Niagara University, where she also played Division 1 soccer.
- Hobbies: Baking - creating artwork on cookies, playing soccer and, of course, spending time with my crazy Goldendoodle Winston. Biggest addiction: chocolate chip cookies & cheese