Quality Control Managers (3)
Buffalo, NY 14201
Our client, a very well established regional construction company, is in need of Quality Control Managers for different locations and sites.
- Read and understand specifications, reference codes and standards.
- Review and interpret contract drawings.
- Review provisions that have been made to provide required control inspection and testing.
- Prepare QUALITY CONTROL PLAN for each project assigned.
- Initial setup and daily management of QCS/RMS functions.
- Efficient management of project submittals.
- Check to assure all materials and or equipment have been submitted and approved.
- Control all communications and project documentation in order to preclude any delays or deficiencies.
- Communicate with Contracting office with a positive and solutions-oriented manner.
- Lead required meetings with all parties in a professional and organized and well informed manner.
- Be on top of all daily work activities, ensure all testing is done accordingly and documented correctly.
- Be consistent with all required inspections, have a proactive rather than reactive approach to all aspects of quality control.
- Establishes programs and processes that ensure company’s and client’s requirements are met.
- Provides quality management support for an assigned area to ensure that designs, procurement, and installation meet quality standards.
- Leads project-wide system audits, including vendor and subcontractor audits, as directed by senior management.
- Must understand construction processes and develop auditing procedures.
• Active US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Contractors certificate. ALL CERTS MUST BE CURRENT.
• 5 years experience with a bachelors degree or 10 years of CQM/ construction experience.
• USACE and NAVFAC experience a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills.
• Knowledge of QC-RMS a plus.
Multiple locations (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Cornell, Newburg, Albany)
Travel is required
Call Joe Catherine for more information: (716) 632-1500, or send your resume: [email protected]
Recruitment professional since 1970 with disciplines in accounting / finance, construction management and banking, manufacturing, and human resources. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel Services in 1970 and after two years was appointed manager and then managing partner. Joe merged AFCO Personnel Services in 1983 at which time he and Mike DeBellis founded DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Joe attended SUNY at Buffalo studying liberal arts and sociology. He was active with the Niagara Falls & Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, executive committee for the Porter Cup amateur golf tournament and was on the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. He is currently an active member with the Williamsville Rotary Club.