Buffalo, NY 14201
This position will manage the organization's supplier base to provide an uninterrupted flow of materials, tools and services in a manner which provides the highest quality and best value to the organization.
• Experience with purchasing concepts including inventory management, negotiations, expediting and project
• Experience managing team member performance
• Working knowledge of lean manufacturing and six sigma practices
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to develop long-term plans and programs
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relations with company team members
• Ability to lead people and get results through others
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Models the teamwork philosophy and company’s core values
• Lead purchasing team in supplier selection, material procurement and supplier performance monitoring activities.
• Manage departmental personnel including team member development and performance management.
• Ensure departmental goals are aligned with supply chain goals and company’s corporate strategy.
• Develop partnerships with suppliers to insure a continuous improvement process is in place to optimize lead
time reductions, technology and new product development, quality, and communication.
• Coordinate and execute the negotiation of supply agreements to protect price, delivery and availability of
• Achieve annual cost savings targets for materials and services.
• Interpret, define, and communicate material requirements to suppliers using technical expertise.
• Coordinate the Buying of goods and services using the organization's ERP system in a timely manner.
• Coordinate material requirements with planning personnel and procures materials in a timely and economic
• Coordinate inter-organizational orders in the ERP system.
• Promote an atmosphere that facilitates open and effective communication.
• Coordinate Investigation of new suppliers including supplier assessments and systems audits.
• Perform other functions as assigned by your manager.
• Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business, Engineering, Supply chain management, mathematics or related field
• 7 plus years of industrial products and mechanical components out of manufacturing environment. Manage KPI’s, “Hands-On”, able to effectively motivate others
• Certification in purchasing, production control, or supply chain management is preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Michael DeBellis, Jr.
Recruitment professional since 1978 with disciplines in sales / marketing, engineering, manufacturing, accounting / finance, human resources and general management. Previous experience includes college recruiting, advertising / sales promotions and Fortune 500 consumer product sales. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel in 1978 and left as assistant manager in 1982 to form DeBellis Associates. Joe Catherine joined Mike in July 1983 and formed DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Longtime employee Vince Morreale was named partner in 2006 and the name changed to DeBellis, Catherine, Morreale – corporate staffing. Mike holds a BS in business management / marketing from SUNY Empire State College. Mike is a former member of the executive board of the WNY Chapter of the American Heart Association, member of the board of directors of Heritage Christian Services, past board member and vice president of the board of governors at the Park Country Club in Williamsville, NY and actively participates as a volunteer with Special Olympics and various activities with children & adults with special needs. He is an avid golfer and has published his first children’s book, called “Charlie and the Cardboard Box, ” a story about a little boy who needs to use a wheelchair. The book illustrates that despite disabilities, these kids have the same dreams and aspirations as everyone else.