Syracuse, NY 13204 | Remote Friendly
Responsible for the successful management of projects according to standards and expectations.
- Complete responsibility of all project related operations
- Scheduling of direct and indirect project work
- Interfacing with Client and Owner Representatives
- Review of Project Scope with Field Foreman
- Assuring project is entered into Corporate System accurately and completely
- Review invoice amounts with Client and request project invoicing from Accounting
- Perform Job Site Safety Analysis (JSA) with Field Supervisor
- Attend Project Meetings as required
- Attend weekly inter-office scheduling and coordination meetings
- Perform job site inspections of work in progress and review for client satisfaction
- Maintain a daily log of activities and correspondence
- Assure that tools and equipment are returned
- Coordinate activities between field and shop, subcontractors and owner’s suppliers
- Review cost reports and variances
- Negotiate and administer scope changes in the work
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively work with craft people and client personnel
- Ability to estimate work
- Proficiency in computer based management systems
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs to view potential work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform typical office activities. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. Handicap access is provided.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform difficult physical maneuvers including lifting, stretching, climbing, crawling, etc. No handicap amenities provided.
- Work environment consists of a standard office environment. The temperature and noise levels in the work environment are moderate. Aisle areas are open. Work environment consists of construction areas which are often dirty, non-climate controlled, difficult access and dangerous.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Associate Degree in Construction related field. Ten (10) years experience in the industry.
Recruitment professional since 1970 with disciplines in accounting / finance, construction management and banking, manufacturing, and human resources. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel Services in 1970 and after two years was appointed manager and then managing partner. Joe merged AFCO Personnel Services in 1983 at which time he and Mike DeBellis founded DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Joe attended SUNY at Buffalo studying liberal arts and sociology. He was active with the Niagara Falls & Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, executive committee for the Porter Cup amateur golf tournament and was on the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. He is currently an active member with the Williamsville Rotary Club.