Buffalo, NY 14202
Individual will provide effective leadership and direction for all aspects of project management activities and responsibilities for the Company. Duties will include planning, administering and coordinating a variety of programs and projects that will primarily support the manufacturing function in the pursuit of enhanced product quality at the lowest possible cost. Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of projects and related activities within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through other members of the department. Will coordinate project activities with Plant Management and a variety of other Company Department/Associates. May be assigned other responsibilities such as responsibility for defining, reporting and implement plans for compliance of required environmental issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Participates actively in planning, defining and formulating projects and programs. Will assist in project definitions and organizing project and operations staff according to project requirements. Will supervise and manage all aspects of the project(s).
2. Works with project personnel to plan specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, project design, preparation of specifications, quotations and technical plans. Will formulate the project budget and report as necessary on project costing.
3. Reviews project designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, contract requirements, occupational health & safety and food safety and related specifications and issues. Will be required to make recommendations on various aspects of the project and ensure that projects are in compliance with all requirements.
4. Coordinates activities with architects, engineering firms, equipment companies, contractors, sub-contractors and Company Departments/Associates to include but not limited to scheduling, design reviews, quotations and problem resolution.
5. Will coordinate bid process for projects. Will compare and analyze proposals and will develop recommendations for projects including selection of the various vendors.
6. To establish timetables for projects and will monitor and coordinate activity to ensures that timetables are followed as much as possible.
7. Will be responsible for identifying and supervising all approved contractors. Will assure that work performed is within the specifications and the quality of the work achieves standards. Regularly attends and participates in contractor meetings.
8. Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget. Will be involved in detailing and justification for any change notices required.
9. Prepares interim and completion project reports. Should be able to make presentations to a variety of company and outside personnel.
10. Will recommend concepts/proposals to enhance/increase production methods, flow of product and optimum utilization of space and equipment. Evaluates the effectiveness of equipment and facilities in light of production demands both currently and in the future.
11. May be required to visit project locations or vendor operations to coordinate projects of behalf of the Company.
12. Works closely with the maintenance department and assists them with activities as required. May recommend adoption of various programs to maximize contribution of the maintenance function.
13. May be assigned responsibility for company compliance of environmental issues related to projects. These items will include but not limited to; waste discharges, delivering reports defining requirements, risks and solutions to and acting on environmental issues. Will ensure company complies with all applicable permits pertaining to all types of waste discharges. Will ensure that all discharges are being disposed of in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal regulations.
14. Responsible of coordinating project activities and developing a rapport with professional groups and municipal officials at the Town, County, City and State level. May be asked to represent the Company at various meetings of these groups.
15. Will be encouraged to participate in trade organizations and attend shows to ensure that the Company has current knowledge of equipment and methodologies that we might benefit from.
16. May be assigned other responsibilities as required by the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required in engineering, business or related field, a minimum of ten years related experience in a similar role or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in food manufacturing environment is highly desired. Individual should possess good interpersonal skills, including being able to plan and delegate instructions to people and strong presentation skills. Must be able to communicate clearly with Associates at all levels of understanding and within different departments. Must understand and be familiar with building codes, construction techniques, product/packaging equipment. and other aspects of project management. An understanding of USDA, FDA and other food safety requirements are a plus.
Director of Manufacturing Recruitment
Recruitment professional since 1983, Mary is the first associate of the firm since its inception. Through her many years of experience, she has developed long-lasting professional relationships and has developed an extraordinary network within the food manufacturing industries. Graduate of Hilbert College.