2nd or 3rd shift availability
Individual will provide effective direction for all aspects of plant manufacturing and packaging in a manner consistent with company objectives. Is directly responsible for superior level of product quality, achievement of production targets/yields and control of waste and production related expenses. Will be responsible for working with the Manager – Production in establishing schedules for the Associates. Will be responsible for motivating, training, developing and handling any issues regarding failure of the Associates to comply with Company policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of production for assigned area(s) of responsibility. This includes but not limited to setting production schedule, coordinating raw materials (and packaging), recipes, equipment operations, machine cycling and settings. In addition will be responsible for setting appropriate production rates and responsible to ensuring that all Company and regulatory standards are being met.
- Continually inspects products and evaluates production processes to verify and ensure compliance to Company specifications. Makes appropriate adjustments to maintain standards and specifications.
- Coordinates activity with other departments and staff to be sure that production needs and requirements are being met.
- Will interview and evaluate candidates for hire to determine suitability for the work required. Will also evaluate internal candidates who are interested in transfer opportunities.
- Appropriately directs Associates in order to complete assignments in an orderly fashion. Ensures that Associates are assigned tasks and responsibilities appropriate to their classification.
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate working relationship which ensures that all Associates are treated with respect and consideration. Works pro-actively to maintain a positive work environment with the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for administering discipline in regard to violation of Company rules and policies. Will consult with Human Resources to ensure that any necessary discipline is appropriate and consistent with past practice.
- Continually will monitor work area for safety concerns and immediately responds to unsafe conditions or work practices. Pro-actively promotes safety and encourages Associates to do the same.
- Provides an environment where Associates are challenged and are given an opportunity to increase skills. Will provide continual training and development opportunities for Associates.
- Coordinates any maintenance activities necessary to address needs with the area of responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and all regulatory requirements. Will immediately bring any quality concerns to the attention of the responsible individual.
- Will be required to report on activities as required. These relate to productivity, manpower utilization, yields, quality and efficiency, etc.
- Will be responsible for various timekeeping responsibilities including establishing schedules on the timekeeping system, approval of working hours, (including overtime), approving requested time-off, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position requires an Associate Degree in an appropriate major, Bachelors degree strongly desired. Must possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years of manufacturing management experience in a consumer foods products company. Needs to have good knowledge of employment laws and regulations. Needs to have safety experience including general knowledge of OSHA. Individual needs to possess leadership, organizational and communication skills appropriate for the position. Individual needs to have strong computer skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Manufacturing Recruitment
Recruitment professional since 1983, Mary is the first associate of the firm since its inception. Through her many years of experience, she has developed long-lasting professional relationships and has developed an extraordinary network within the food manufacturing industries. Graduate of Hilbert College.