Niagara Falls, NY 14301
Our client is currently looking for a Production Manager for our Plant located in Niagara Falls, NY. This role will be responsible for planning and coordinating production activities, driving optimizing performance and meeting current and future business needs. Operates and maintains an efficient, productive, and safe workplace through leadership that engages the employees of the Plant to meet financial and operational excellence objectives while complying with Company policies and procedures.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Manager will be responsible for production planning and day-to-day activities of the manufacturing plant. The Production Manager has direct supervision responsibilities over production employees. This is a “floor walking” leadership role. Travel estimated less than 10%.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates production and supports capacity planning process to meet internal and external customer on-time delivery demands.
• Coordinates delivery dates with customer service and responds to requests from customers and other stakeholders.
• Analyze production, output and yield and take initiatives to drive operational excellence.
• Supervises all manufacturing employees, provides training and coaching.
• Ensures and maintains a safe and clean work environment for employees through direct leadership and guidance utilizing Company behavior based safety programs.
• Implement and guarantee safety programs to ensure compliance with local and Companies safety standards and policies.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline
Experience & Skills:
• 7+ years related experience.
• Knowledge of day-to-day and strategic issues, operational requirements and management of a manufacturing facility.
• Experience with union workforce.
• Ability to lead people and lead by example.
• Experience with a milling and screening manufacturing process.
• Ability to identify key issues, creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
Executive recruiting since 1992. One of the most common questions I get asked is, “What areas of recruiting do you specialize in?” My answer is always, “Helping WNY businesses find amazing WNY talent.” It has been in manufacturing, engineering, human resources, sales or any other professional area.
The 12 years prior to joining DeBellis & Catherine Associates, he held human resources generalist positions at United Airlines, Merck Pharmaceuticals and M&T bank, specializing in recruiting and training. Vince holds a dual BS from State University College at Buffalo in business administration and education. He was named partner in January 2006 forming the new name of DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale.
- Hobbies/fun facts: Classic car enthusiast, golf