Product Manager, Competitive Intelligence
*Must have Insurance Industry experience.
Large online based insurance company seeks a Product Manager, Competitive Intelligence.
My client is growing and building a strong competitive intelligence team within its product development department. This team is responsible for monitoring pricing within the industry, but also providing senior leadership with information, analysis, and recommendations regarding new partnerships and acquisitions, new products, market disruptors, and other changes within the competitive landscape.
Your primary responsibilities will be to lead a small team of 2 analysts in product research, market intelligence, and competitive pricing analysis. The role will be tasked with building out the team's data warehousing, data visualization, and data analytics function in support of the Product and Pricing group. Must be self-motivated, and able to demonstrate past success in fast-paced, analytical environments. You'll need to be an outside-the-box thinker, interested in pushing boundaries and developing new ways of analyzing, and capitalizing on, changes within the marketplace. Must be accustomed and willing to work on multiple tasks in parallel, with the ability to prioritize projects while managing the team.
- Support product and pricing decisions, working closely with actuarial and state management teams
- Analyze the company's competitive position using competitive analysis software and other resources
- Highlight industry threats and opportunities, making recommendations as appropriate
- Develop data warehousing, data visualization, and data analytics processes for internal use
- As appropriate, present results to senior management
- Supervise and develop 2 competitive intelligence analyst(s)
- Understand market and product offerings; must have insurance experience
- Experience with Tableau, SAS, R, SQL
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Ability to prioritize rapidly shifting assignments effectively
- 6+ years of professional experience, preferably in the Property and Casualty field
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…