Product Analyst, Competitive Intelligence
Responsibilities will be to utilize market intelligence and competitive intelligence tools in support of product management initiatives, as well as providing the company with information and recommendations regarding new products, new technologies, new market entrants, and other changes within the competitive landscape.
Candidates must be self-motivated, and able to demonstrate interest in learning and participating in a fast-paced, analytical environment. This person will need to be an outside-the-box thinker, interested in pushing boundaries and developing new ways of analyzing, and capitalizing on, opportunities in the marketplace. You must be accustomed and willing to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, while ensuring accuracy of work product.
- Analytical Support: Support product and pricing decisions, working closely with analytics, catastrophe management, countrywide actuarial, state management, and partner management teams
- Complete Deep Dive Analyses: Analyze the company's competitive position with a particular emphasis on pricing levels and product offerings relative to competitors
- Market Research: Read competitor filings, earnings calls, insurtech blogs, and insurance-related publications to monitor the market and distribute relevant actions taken by competitors
- Reporting and Database Functionality: Assist in developing reporting and database functionality for other business units to consume, maintain a robust library of all competitive information, and provide updates and in-depth analysis of new competitors and new technologies within the market
- Project Management: Ability to work collaboratively across a variety of groups and operating companies, pushing work forward and gaining buy-in internally.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience in Property & Casualty Insurance is preferred
- Experience with Tableau, SAS, R, SQL, Python is preferred, intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint is required;
- Must be a self-starter who can prioritize rapidly shifting assignments effectively;
- Must have the ability to understand and analyze business problems and issues, and determine and recommend appropriate frameworks to conduct analyses;
- Analyze product performance, identify additional areas of research, and recommend improvements;
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly across a variety of media including facilitation and presenting results to management
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…