Niagara Falls, NY US
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely process of payroll for all employees while adhering to company policies and government regulations.
- In house payroll processing for 2 companies.
- Payroll tax compliance including weekly payroll tax deposits and quarterly/annual payroll return preparation.
- Maintain accurate records of employee information, including personal and payroll data.
- Prepare and distribute annual W-2 forms to employees.
- Ensure compliance with payroll laws and regulations, such as Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Retirement plan compliance including weekly remittance of hours and withholdings/employer match.
- Union reporting and compliance, including preparation of monthly union reports and monitoring of paid holidays, jurisdictional rates and guaranteed minimums for various unions.
- Other payroll related tasks, including preparation of weekly certified payroll, audit preparation,
- insurance uploads, labor rate sheets, etc.,
- Coordination with outsourced HR company for employee onboarding, offboarding, benefits deductions, and tracking of PTO/sick time, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of payroll laws, regulations, and procedures
- Experience with Prevailing wage, certified payroll, union regulations, and/or CBA's preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Pleasant, can do attitude
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- ComputerEase experience helpful but not required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a corporate environment, preferably in a construction environment
- 2-5 years' Payroll experience
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, National Recruiter
Peggy is the newest exciting addition to our staff and joined DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale in 2020. Bringing 15 years of recruiting experience, Peggy brings 20+ years of solid experience to the DCM team! In addition to her degree in Marketing from SUNY Alfred State, she has a demonstrated history in successful placements in the areas of Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, Medical, Accounting/Finance and Engineering. Peggy prides herself on working tirelessly to help clients and candidates alike find a great fit for their businesses and careers. Taking her passion for recruitment outside of the workplace, Peggy has used her volunteer time to speak at local colleges to help student-candidates early on in their careers with critical skills for future success such as guidance on creating a solid resume, conducting a successful job search, and the all-important interview preparation.
When not working hard recruiting, Peggy enjoys traveling and exploring new places, gardening, and baking.