Operations / Manufacturing Manager
Buffalo, NY 14222
Our client, a major electrical controls (OEM) manufacturer needs an Operations Manager for their Buffalo plant. Duties include support of all company operations. Key focus of this position will be management of the manufacturing operation. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, managing, scheduling and streamlining overall company processes. This position requires leadership, managerial, communication & interpersonal skill sets.
- Process; control, development & implementation.
- Scheduling of departments.
- Inventory control.
- Quality assurance.
- Customer order management and project coordination.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Develop & maintain cost saving initiatives.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and promotion of their culture, values, and mission.
- BA or BS degree in related field
- Minimum 5 years related management experience, preferably with a job shop background
- Electrical construction experience
- Microsoft office
- Technical writing
- Exceptional interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to interpret electrical/mechanical drawings
- Sheet metal, fabrication and assembly experience highly desirable
Recruitment professional since 1970 with disciplines in accounting / finance, construction management and banking, manufacturing, and human resources. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel Services in 1970 and after two years was appointed manager and then managing partner. Joe merged AFCO Personnel Services in 1983 at which time he and Mike DeBellis founded DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Joe attended SUNY at Buffalo studying liberal arts and sociology. He was active with the Niagara Falls & Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, executive committee for the Porter Cup amateur golf tournament and was on the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. He is currently an active member with the Williamsville Rotary Club.