Williamsville, NY US
Play a crucial role in a world-class medical specialty practice by ensuring accurate coding and billing processes to support quality patient care.
Reporting to and working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, you’ ll be tasked with coding and inputting charges for all outpatient and inpatient charges.
What You’ ll Be Responsible for:
- You’ ll conduct document searches for operative reports through outside hospital systems.
- Review, correct, and advise billers regarding surgical denials and review surgical claims for submission to appropriate insurance company.
- Post all surgical charges and work very closely with surgical accounts receivable regularly.
- You’ ll review and approve accounts for the insurance carrier if there is an overpayment.
- You will need strong communication skills to appropriately answer questions by patients, insurance companies, and various staff on surgical coding issues.
- Stay on top of the coding practices updates and communicate them to providers along with providing surgical procedural codes to the Authorization Department.
What Experience You’ ll Need for Success:
- You will need to have CPT & IDC Coding Certification and at least 3 years of previous medical coding/office experience.
- EMR experience is needed, preferably MEDENT.
- The ability to commute to the Williamsville offices daily.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, National Recruiter
Peggy is the newest exciting addition to our staff and joined DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale in 2020. Bringing 15 years of recruiting experience, Peggy brings 20+ years of solid experience to the DCM team! In addition to her degree in Marketing from SUNY Alfred State, she has a demonstrated history in successful placements in the areas of Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, Medical, Accounting/Finance and Engineering. Peggy prides herself on working tirelessly to help clients and candidates alike find a great fit for their businesses and careers. Taking her passion for recruitment outside of the workplace, Peggy has used her volunteer time to speak at local colleges to help student-candidates early on in their careers with critical skills for future success such as guidance on creating a solid resume, conducting a successful job search, and the all-important interview preparation.
When not working hard recruiting, Peggy enjoys traveling and exploring new places, gardening, and baking.