Marketplace and Cross-Border Commerce Specialist
New York, NY
- Accelerate e-commerce business growth through marketplace initiatives
- Launch and grow subscription programs on marketplace channels and other 3rd party sites
- Leverage cross-border commerce to establish e-commerce and subscription business in Canada and Mexico
- Support the marketing efforts of company owned site.
- Develop and implement a multi-year strategic vision for marketplaces (Amazon, eBay Walmart, etc), cross-border commerce, establish actionable plans that support the overall objectives, and deliver on the annual financial plans
Manage the marketing and advertising budget effective to grow product visibility and discovery to drive sales while delivering health ROAS.
- Analyze weekly reporting of marketplaces, identify actionable insights, and create plans to improvise business based on data (top sellers, AOV, UPT, ACoS, sessions/ impressions, conversion, search and sales ranks, buy box); identify areas of opportunity through marketing/ promotions, product bundling, cross-sells, advertising optimization, content enhancement and unique assortment
- Plan and lead the end-to-end process of promotions, deals and seasonal events working across external to grow the e-commerce and subscription businesses.
- Audit perform competitive shopping regularly to identify unique assortment opportunities for seasonal and everyday businesses and work with marketing, content, and site teams to plan and introduce unique/ new assortment and/ or troubleshoot assortment, pricing, fulfillment issues on existing products
- Analyze customer feedback and other sources to define and improve category strategies, product assortments, marketing, fulfillment, and pricing opportunities
- Communicate and collaborate with operations business partners (Logistics/ Fulfillment, customer service) on any merchandise related tasks and ensure a high level of customer service is maintained
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Brand team, Marketing, Data Management, Inventory/ Planning, Ecommerce Merchants and Site Teams, Customer Service, Logistics and IT teams)
- Partner with Ecommerce and Subscription team to share the marketplace and cross border commerce vision, growth strategy, plans, business recaps, trends & insights etc. And garner support to execute initiatives and launch on marketplaces
- Develop effective vendor and marketplace account partner relationships to grow the business via weekly, monthly and quarterly strategic and marketing meetings, thoughtful planning, communication, and road-mapping of execution
- Support the marketing activities of company owned site.
- Actively monitor, analyze and report on the business and marketplace / industry trends
- Bachelor' s Degree is required, preferably in a business-related field
3-5 years Ecommerce Merchandising/ Category Management, Product, Marketing experience required; preferably with a large/ retail organization in a similar role
- Managed strategy and growth of marketplace/ Ecommerce businesses
- Thorough knowledge of promotional planning, assortment planning, ecommerce operations, ecommerce marketing gained through progressive experience
- Business acumen with extensive experience analyzing data and forecasting methods
- Demonstrated effectiveness with decision making, influencing and negotiation skills
- Display a positive attitude, professional manner and a willingness to be a team player and assist co-workers at all levels
- Creative and critical thinker with strong project management and execution skills
- Highly motivated entrepreneurial and resourceful approach
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to paint a vision/strategy, influence key stake holders and get cross-functional buy-in from partners.
- Interest in comics, science fiction, and " geeky” pop culture a plus
- Have a good sense of humor; work needs to be fun, after all!
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Courtney has worked in the recruitment industry since 2013 and is currently the director of marketing recruitment. She specializes in placing candidates within e-commerce, digital marketing, analytics, CRM, loyalty marketing, and sales/account management positions across various industries nationwide. By working to develop close relationships, she is able to effectively match the right candidates with the right clients, and as a valued resource to both parties throughout the process. Her favorite thing about recruiting is hearing how candidates have found success and career growth within their new companies.
Before recruiting, she worked in digital marketing, specializing in search engine marketing. She holds an MBA from Canisius College and a bachelor’s degree from Niagara University, where she also played Division 1 soccer.
- Hobbies: Baking - creating artwork on cookies, playing soccer and, of course, spending time with my crazy Goldendoodle Winston. Biggest addiction: chocolate chip cookies & cheese