Marketing and Promotions Specialist
Charles County, MD
The Marketing and Promotions Specialist responsibilities will include the development and execution of promotions and campaigns in order to originate leads, achieve sales goals and create a positive client experience. This person will specialize in the coordination of promotions, campaigns and communications to support marketing activities. The job requires developing and implementing broad, market-wide promotions and advertising campaigns, as well as targeted campaigns to current clients and potential ones. This requires working with outside venders and internal stakeholders. The incumbent needs to be creative in finding alternative solutions to business problems, Client approaches in promotions and advertising, as well as vision and understanding of training and communication issues.
In the performance of duties, the Marketing and Promotions Specialist must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in written skills; be able to develop and maintain effective relationships both inside and outside of the Company; be able to produce high quality communications and presentations; be able to work under critical timetables and daily pressures of gathering, studying and implementing decisions based on survey data.
- Coordinate Marketing and work directly with Marketing and Sales teams to coordinate design, copy and execution of print, broadcast and digital marketing materials. Act as liaison between Marketing, Client Care and other departments to ensure marketing initiatives are executed properly and other goals are met.
- Craft copy for marketing and public relations pieces, including blogs, direct mail, web copy, press releases and internal communications. Communicate information as needed companywide
- Create monthly promotions calendar and coordinate the production of ads and communications to clients and employees.
- Work with members of the marketing team to monitor digital traffic from campaigns. During time of monitoring, provide suggestions for change based on analysis and results.
- Monitor and review client surveys, create cases for Client Care or other departments based on client need. Monitor digital platforms and respond to clients on digital platforms. Work with internal stakeholders to ensure clients are satisfied.
- Draft and post engaging content on multiple digital platforms and promote products and services. Draft, launch and monitor Facebook contests and Facebook advertisements. Respond to and monitor social media posts.
- Develop presentations for monthly team meetings. Train and communicate to inform about company initiatives and increase sales leads. Present monthly to Client Care team about marketing initiatives. Present to Delivery and other departments as needed.
- Associates, Bachelor Degree or Higher Required, Marketing or Communications degree preferred
- Creative marketing abilities that drive results and proficient writing abilities
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable presenting to a team to motivate.
- Experience Marketing in an environment with sales and goals
- Proven track record of increasing sales for another organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office Experience (Strong in Excel and Word. Some PowerPoint)
- Social Media Management Experience (Generate engaging content; respond to clients)
- Online Marketing and Direct Mail Experience
- Technical writing experience preferred
- Report generation experience preferred
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system experience preferred
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Courtney has worked in the recruitment industry since 2013 and is currently the director of marketing recruitment. She specializes in placing candidates within e-commerce, digital marketing, analytics, CRM, loyalty marketing, and sales/account management positions across various industries nationwide. By working to develop close relationships, she is able to effectively match the right candidates with the right clients, and as a valued resource to both parties throughout the process. Her favorite thing about recruiting is hearing how candidates have found success and career growth within their new companies.
Before recruiting, she worked in digital marketing, specializing in search engine marketing. She holds an MBA from Canisius College and a bachelor’s degree from Niagara University, where she also played Division 1 soccer.
- Hobbies: Baking - creating artwork on cookies, playing soccer and, of course, spending time with my crazy Goldendoodle Winston. Biggest addiction: chocolate chip cookies & cheese