Large, consumer packaged goods company in the food industry seeks a Marketing Manager. The role will report to a Director of Marketing and support the development of long-range category operating plans.
- Support product development in the retail and club segments
- Using research and data where possible to identify new areas of growth within the consumer marketplace
- Manage product life cycle and SKU rationalization
- Pricing strategy and P&L responsibility
- Manage and coordinate marketing, advertising, social media and promotional activities
- Coordinate retail commercialization process of branded and private label products for new product launches
- Collaborate with outside Public Relations/Marketing firm to develop and implement an integrated Marketing Plan
- Execute promotional strategy for channel for existing and new product offering and Track ROI
- Develop, execute and oversee Press Release process
- Oversee and/or update various website and social media channels, including the company site, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
- Monitor, expand and develop marketing platforms
- Develop and manage marketing operating budget
- Develop and maintain product point of sale, as well as other documents to support sales
- Manage packaging changes and art development for new packaging for retail, private label and foodservice
- Collaborate with sales regarding requests for nutritional information, ingredient listings, and other projects as needed.
- Coordinate tradeshows and work with outside tradeshow vendors
- Collaborate with Technical Services on labeling requirements for packaging
- Communicate with other departments on the status of projects and other items as necessary
- Coordinate the maintenance of customer required websites including: ICIX, Aspect, and Retail Link
- Be familiar with IRI/Nielsen as well as customer relationship management (CRM) tools to understand sales opportunities in the marketplace
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a consumer products marketing environment. Food/beverage industry preferred.
- Agency management, creative process management and branding experience.
- Proficient in developing, managing and implementing marketing policies, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated analytics ability
- Demonstrated ability to project, measure, and report on program effectiveness
- Trade show coordination
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
- Private label experience in a consumer products environment is a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…