Marketing Event Manager
Buffalo, NY US
Marketing Event Manager - Fully Remote located in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse or Albany
Large law firm with offices in central and western New York is looking for a Marketing Event Manager to work on events from start to finish.
They are currently seeking a qualified candidate to join the Marketing Team as an Marketing Event Manager to serve as the primary team member responsible for strategic development and tactical execution of all of the firm's events and attorney conferences, both in-person and digital/virtual, and for all internal firm and external client/contact/community initiatives and sponsorships .
Attorney Conference Support and Internal Event Management
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify event or conference objectives/desired outcomes, metrics/KPIs, all involved stakeholders/firm participants, budgets, and timelines.
- Create project scope and work with the Marketing Project Manager to develop plans with assigned roles, action steps, and deadlines; lead all tactical team project meetings to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate event scheduling with relevant attorneys and internal firm staff (e.G., administrative assistants, secretaries, receptionists, etc.) and/or schedule via digital/virtual event tools.
- Collaborate with attorneys and internal support staff (e.G., catering, reception, etc.) to effectively set and manage expectations for delivery.
- Work with the marketing team to identify materials required and production needs (e.G., invitations, custom materials, traffic-driver emails, promotional items, videos, name tags, table tents, etc.)
- Work with Digital Marketing Coordinator and attorney stakeholders to ensure email invitation lists are updated and accurate.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Coordinator on social media posts to promote presentations and sponsorships prior to, during, and following events/conferences, as appropriate.
- Monitor and report internal and client event registrations (e.G., how many, who, etc.); use judgment to escalate concerns with low registrations as needed.
- Review conference attendee lists with attorneys to identify key targets and strategically develop pre-, during-, and post event/conference action plans.
- Coach attorneys on how to reach out to targets before/during/after events/conferences, as needed.
- Ensure presentations are consistently developed on the firm's PowerPoint template and submitted to marketing in advance for proofreading and copyediting.
- Review all digital/virtual booths for accuracy; manage firm branding and all changes as needed.
- Document visuals of virtual conference experiences and download as competitive materials as possible.
- Follow-up with all stakeholders on post-event reporting (e.G., attendee analytics, etc.) and next-step actions (e.G., adding contacts to email lists, follow-up emails, post-event surveys, other, etc.).
Live Event Management
- Manage all day-of event production from start to finish, participating on-site and supervising all on-site support staff.
- Exercise judgment to effectively address unforeseen issues in a calm and productive way.
- Schedule and execute all training (digital/virtual software) and practice sessions; address all individual participant concerns and issues in a productive way.
External Vendor Management
- Develop RFPs, evaluate bids, negotiate contracts and supervise the execution of contracts with multiple venues and suppliers simultaneously; address discrepancies as they happen.
- Manage event budgets, review invoices, reconcile discrepancies, and process all payments to external suppliers/vendors.
- Collaborate with external suppliers/vendors (e.G., videographer, etc.) to effectively set and manage expectations for delivery; ensure firm branding is represented accurately and consistently.
- Collaborate with Marketing Project Manager and Marketing Director on all projects.
- Utilize Smartsheet to organize projects and meet all deadlines.
- Attend and participate in weekly marketing team meetings.
- Experience in executing in-person events, including RFP development, bid evaluation, contract negotiation, and execution management with multiple venues and suppliers simultaneously.
- Experience in executing and supporting digital/virtual events and conferences across a variety of digital/virtual platforms (e.G., GoToWebinar; Zoom; Cvent; Socio; Pathable; 6Connex, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
- Superior attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent time-management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities and still meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize while remaining flexible to adjust to new situations as they arise.
- Must be organized and have a sense of urgency and time management with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking, persuasion, and problem-solving skills, bringing a solutions-oriented mindset to everything done; must grasp business processes, priorities, and goals.
- Must exhibit perseverance, curiosity, conscientiousness, optimism, self-control, and a growth mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to proofread, as well as exceptional listening skills.
- Have a collaborative, creative, and flexible work style; be a true team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to establish credibility and maintain positive relationships across all levels of key stakeholders (i.E., attorneys, admin staff, vendors, etc.).
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, take ownership of projects, and work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to contribute original ideas and suggestions in group settings.
- Ability to overcome major obstacles and recognize when issues should be escalated.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed; some travel between offices required (6-8x/year for department offsites, event/sponsorship support, etc.).
- Professional services firm experience a plus (i.E., legal, accounting, financial services, etc.).
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Hospitality, or relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- 6-10 years of relevant experience executing and producing events in a corporate environment, preferably for a professional services firm; experience in the event/hospitality industries is a plus
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, National Recruiter
Peggy is the newest exciting addition to our staff and joined DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale in 2020. Bringing 15 years of recruiting experience, Peggy brings 20+ years of solid experience to the DCM team! In addition to her degree in Marketing from SUNY Alfred State, she has a demonstrated history in successful placements in the areas of Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, Medical, Accounting/Finance and Engineering. Peggy prides herself on working tirelessly to help clients and candidates alike find a great fit for their businesses and careers. Taking her passion for recruitment outside of the workplace, Peggy has used her volunteer time to speak at local colleges to help student-candidates early on in their careers with critical skills for future success such as guidance on creating a solid resume, conducting a successful job search, and the all-important interview preparation.
When not working hard recruiting, Peggy enjoys traveling and exploring new places, gardening, and baking.