Market Segment Specialist – Business Development - Off-Road Vehicle OEM’s
Buffalo, NY 14222
Our client is searching for a Market Segment Specialist who will spearhead the execution of a market-specific sales strategy and product development pipeline. This individual works closely with product management, business development, engineering, procurement, and production teams. This position will help to identify both marketing and sales strategy for the segment market, target a list of key strategic customers and projects, create product positioning, promotion and marketing plans to best position the brand in the segment. Call on Off-Road Vehicle OEMs like Polaris, Arctic Cat and BRP.
This role will have the “outside” sales role for racks, steering shafts and POW-R STEER. Will interface with all the OEMs directly. Will also interface with internal people at the company’s 3 manufacturing plants – some travel required
- Develops new product requirements through consulting with customers and sales personnel
- Leads and manages the successful launch of all custom products by collaborating with regional sales managers (RSM) and product teams to gather specifications and ensuring the project objectives are met within scope, schedule, and budget, while exceeding quality objectives and gaining customer satisfaction and acceptance
- Facilitates technical discussions with customers and key stakeholders and provide technical support to RSM to establish clear product specifications and performance requirements. Support RSM with product specific presentations, technical data, timelines etc.
- Leads the systematic capture, development and documentation of fully verifiable requirements into a total systems solution that acknowledges technical, schedule, and cost constraints through consulting with customers, staff and sales personnel
- Facilitates design reviews, interface with cross-functional teams to ensure design reliability, manufacturability, and serviceability, while meeting program milestones
- Establishes and monitors engineering project budgets and schedules
- Prepare successful proposal designs, cost estimates, and shoulder the responsibility for writing the technical volume for proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, with an advanced degree being highly preferred
- 4-8 years of technical product sales experience with at least two of those years driving new product development and innovation within the target market.
- Must have market, product and technical experience and knowledge in the desired areas.
- Inspiring leadership and good customer relations he/she should have well developed human relation skills.
- Mostly office-based but may spend some time on the production floor and development lab environment.
- May be required to operate a computer, other office devices, as well as some machinery on the production floor and development lab environment.
Michael DeBellis, Jr.
Recruitment professional since 1978 with disciplines in sales / marketing, engineering, manufacturing, accounting / finance, human resources and general management. Previous experience includes college recruiting, advertising / sales promotions and Fortune 500 consumer product sales. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel in 1978 and left as assistant manager in 1982 to form DeBellis Associates. Joe Catherine joined Mike in July 1983 and formed DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Longtime employee Vince Morreale was named partner in 2006 and the name changed to DeBellis, Catherine, Morreale – corporate staffing. Mike holds a BS in business management / marketing from SUNY Empire State College. Mike is a former member of the executive board of the WNY Chapter of the American Heart Association, member of the board of directors of Heritage Christian Services, past board member and vice president of the board of governors at the Park Country Club in Williamsville, NY and actively participates as a volunteer with Special Olympics and various activities with children & adults with special needs. He is an avid golfer and has published his first children’s book, called “Charlie and the Cardboard Box, ” a story about a little boy who needs to use a wheelchair. The book illustrates that despite disabilities, these kids have the same dreams and aspirations as everyone else.