Market Insights Manager
The Marketing Research Manager will design, implement, manage and analyze marketing research for the key brands on the US Specialty Business Unit. The individual will derive insights from primary and secondary research, and partner with Marketing and Medical Affairs colleagues to inform decision-making around brand strategies and tactics.
- Act as research lead for key commercial and medical affairs team relationships focused on providing strategic insight, forming a trusted relationship, and staying abreast of commercial issues.
- Apply custom research methodologies, exercise successful supplier and stakeholder management, and independently lead custom research projects to deliver compelling strategic and tactical insight.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of internal and external stakeholders and agencies to identify and communicate actionable, custom research insights to the organization. Adeptly manage a matrix teams and individuals.
- Maintain organizational knowledge of market and competitive trends and industry developments and effectively communicate this knowledge to internal stakeholders. Possess a solid understanding of primary research methodologies, secondary and syndicated sources and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Investigate market and brand trends and performance for relevant brands using strong analytical and business acumen skills.
- Capture and communicate insights, trends and performance dynamics in regular and ad hoc deliverables, thoughtfully communicate a story with data using excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Synthesize research learning across projects and primary and secondary research to develop actionable insights and recommendations that shape commercial strategies and tactics.
- Build solid relationships as a team player, while maintaining objectivity and lack of bias to represent the voice of the customer.
- Monitor and manage marketing research programs within budget and identify opportunities for cost savings where appropriate.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required; MBA or MA preferred with concentration in market research or marketing is a strong plus.
- 6+ years relevant marketing research experience, with at least 3 years client-side marketing research experience
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Divisional Vice Presidents
- Advanced knowledge of custom research methodologies
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high performing work team
- Strong project management skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”