Buffalo, NY 14222
Our client is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for the continuing production of electro-mechanical products and providing technical support for engineering and new product manufacturing.
- Provides production with a technical understanding of the product line and offers support for concerns, issues, training and procedure updates
- Create, develop, maintain and improve standardization of processes, procedures and instructions through the use of the Engineering Change Notification (ECN) process.
- Helps evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards
- Performs engineering calculations, analyses and in-depth reports
- Compiles and evaluates test data, prepares technical analyses, develops and release manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products/processes
- Composes or modifies existing or new assembly work instructions and manufacturing fixtures
- Investigates and effectively resolve critical production issues, troubleshoot & resolve manufacturing issues
- Evaluate emerging technologies related to manufacturing practices
- Identify and develop new processes that reduce costs & errors and increase quality
- Identify and develop control mechanisms to improve reliability
- Train manufacturing personnel on new or improved assembly work instructions
- Perform testing to validate/verify performance characteristics and review test data for product/customer acceptance
- Minimal interaction with customers and engineering contacts during reviews, audits, on-site visits
- Participates with technical support for Root Cause / Corrective Action items to help team address quality, design, and process issues
- Design, build, test and analyze prototype analog circuits
- Assists sales and production with the review of production travelers for accuracy and efficiency
- Support/ backup Manufacturing assembly & test personnel
- Support generation of detailed Bills of Material (BOM) / Manufacturing Routers
- Support procurement of raw materials, purchased parts through product requirement review
- Bachelor Degree Required or 15 + years of experience
- 3 years of applicable experience
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical machinery or instrumentation including assembly drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams, Dimensional stackup & Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), Proficiency with AutoCAD and SolidWorks 3D Modeling Experience Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools - Excel, Word, Visio Project & Powerpoint
- Familiarity with industry technical specifications, NASA Specifications, Military Specifications and EEE part selection specifications
- Knowledge of manufacturing best practices, material specifications & statistical analysis, basic mechanical tools
- Direct experience with planning assembly operations and writing shop floor Routings and work instructions
- Prior experience with soldering, welding and other electro- mechanical assembly operations is preferable
Michael DeBellis, Jr.
Recruitment professional since 1978 with disciplines in sales / marketing, engineering, manufacturing, accounting / finance, human resources and general management. Previous experience includes college recruiting, advertising / sales promotions and Fortune 500 consumer product sales. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel in 1978 and left as assistant manager in 1982 to form DeBellis Associates. Joe Catherine joined Mike in July 1983 and formed DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Longtime employee Vince Morreale was named partner in 2006 and the name changed to DeBellis, Catherine, Morreale – corporate staffing. Mike holds a BS in business management / marketing from SUNY Empire State College. Mike is a former member of the executive board of the WNY Chapter of the American Heart Association, member of the board of directors of Heritage Christian Services, past board member and vice president of the board of governors at the Park Country Club in Williamsville, NY and actively participates as a volunteer with Special Olympics and various activities with children & adults with special needs. He is an avid golfer and has published his first children’s book, called “Charlie and the Cardboard Box, ” a story about a little boy who needs to use a wheelchair. The book illustrates that despite disabilities, these kids have the same dreams and aspirations as everyone else.