Manager of Market Insights and Analytics
Madison, NJ US
*Will consider Manager level as well*
The Senior Manager of Marketing Insights & Analytics will be able to design, implement, manage, analyze, and effectively communicate primary market research. This individual will lead all aspects of the market research process from project planning, shaping conclusions and recommendations, presenting interim and final results, and communicating all project progress/initiatives.
- Serve as a trusted partner to marketing, guiding brand strategy and advising on key initiatives based on knowledge of the business and market
- Be conversant with custom research methods, adept at supplier and stakeholder management, and able to independently lead custom research projects that deliver compelling and actionable learnings.
- Perform thought-provoking and sophisticated syntheses of learning across research, analytics, and market intelligence sources.
- Enable and demonstrate leadership on the cross-functional business teams to make better and more rapid business decisions by framing & prioritizing critical brand questions.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key brand contacts, and research peers to co-create and execute plans, eliminate redundancies, and ensure consistency of our market understanding
- Play a supporting role in the brand planning process based on a deep understanding of the market drivers, patient journey, competitive dynamics, and positioning highlighting opportunities to enhance patient and physician experience and plans to address leverage points & gaps
- Provide insights into both current dynamics and future market evolution over the next 3-5 years to guide integrated brand teams in the development of successful strategies
- Lead and participate in initiatives to improve the market research capabilities
- Ensure all market research activities are conducted on time, within budget, and in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- Effectively utilize decision-making for both strategic and operational decisions, balancing the near and long-term goals.
- Establish a positive and productive work environment by creating trust and respect within function and the business.
This role can be hired at the Manager or Senior Manager level based on the candidate' s experience and will work a hybrid schedule in NJ.
- BA or BS degree required. Advanced degree (MA, MS, MBA, Ph.D.) preferred.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in developing and executing market research plans, including budget management
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, superior organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and creativity in problem-solving.
- Skilled in hands-on primary research analysis with the ability to use advanced excel or other statistical software: experience analyzing and drawing insights from quantitative and secondary data sets
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high-performing work team.
- Experience with and strong aptitude for navigating a heavily matrixed and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally within the organization and with external agencies.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”