Manager, E-Commerce SIte Merchandise
E. Taunton, MA US
Well known, multi-channel retailer seeks a Manager of E-Commerce Site Merchandising. This is a newly created position, reporting directly to a VP of E-Commerce and is responsible for the day-to-day management of website products and assortment, while adhering to overall company merchandise, promotional direction, and brand guidelines. Responsibilities:
This position works cross-functionally with internal teams to develop strategy and execute against established priorities and goals to provide a best-in-class online experience. You will combine an understanding of site merchandising best practices and analytics, with a passion for user experience to continuously optimize performance. This role will lead and execute inclusive merchandise strategies that delight customers, maximize the online experience, reduce friction, drive conversion, and achieve channel revenue goals.
- Implements and optimizes site merchandising strategies that focus on conversion, searchability, maximizing customer engagement, and frictionless shopping. Strategies include, but are not limited to site taxonomy navigation, and cross-sell/up-sell opportunities.
- Creates and delivers a compelling digital shopping experience that supports marketing campaigns while inspiring, converting, and delighting our customers.
- Maintains quality and accuracy of online merchandising, navigation, product categorization, cross-sells, and link management.
- Partners cross-functionally to develop content strategy recommendations using customer engagement data, site KPIs, and competitive insights
- Manages and collaborates with the Ecommerce Site Merchandiser to leverage data to curate merchandise assortments that resonate with customers, support marketing strategies, and drive conversion.
- Understands new product concepts, and competitive advantages to be marketed and featured as online capsule collections.
- Partners with the Ecommerce team to wireframe storytelling initiatives/landing pages and user flows to ensure a frictionless online experience.
- Shops competition to identify trends and opportunities in both product categories, new business opportunities, and customer experience enhancements.
- Partners with Ecommerce Site Analyst to support A/B testing efforts.
- Participates in Ecommerce roadmap planning process to help identify opportunities and emerging trends.
- Bachelor' s degree
- Minimum 4+ years Ecommerce retail merchandising experience
- Strong organizational, time management, analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication, and strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficient juggling multiple tasks, re-prioritizing where needed and consistently delivering on time
- Must have strong sense of accountability, ownership, and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Tableau and Google Analytics
- Sitecore CMS experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…