Buffalo, NY 14222
Will be responsible for developing and maintaining systems and procedures to support the Maintenance Department operations within the Company. Will focus on the continued development of a variety of documentation related to planned maintenance procedures. Will aid in investigating and troubleshooting unique issues regarding equipment and systems. Will be involved in developing other systems and reports to measure the effectiveness of the plant equipment and maintenance efforts. To be actively engaged with the Maintenance Department management team in increasing the effectiveness of the daily operation of the department. Will participate in special projects relating to responsibilities as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Gather, input, retrieve and maintain maintenance information in both computer and manual systems
- General clerical duties to assure the smooth operation of the Maintenance Department, including filing, scanning, photocopying, faxing, posting of notices, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, company and regulatory policies and guidelines relating to associate safety, food safety and food quality.
- Develop and issue computer/CMMS reports as necessary
- Must be able to take direction / supervision and work cooperatively with others.
- Review daily work load and report to supervisors time mechanics spent primarily on Preventive Maintenance tasks and demand work orders.
- Take a closer look at how in depth our PM program is and provide the mechanics with the proper documentation and tools to complete each PM more efficiently and effectively.
- Will support in the development of systems, reporting and analysis to measure the effectiveness of our maintenance efforts. Such information will be shared with department supervision.
- Work closely with department supervision in what goes into planning work and assignments and work towards being able to disperse work orders amongst mechanics.
- Will be involved in creating and maintaining training procedures through alchemy for doing Ammonia rounds as well as water sampling for the boilers.
- Assist with on-boarding of new maintenance associates; including creating documents as an instruction tool to ensure that both current mechanics and new mechanics are receiving consistent training.
- Will become knowledgeable of all Company GMP and safety policies and procedures and will, when required, ensure that GMP and safety concerns are related and PPE is issued when required.
- Other activities and responsibilities will be assigned as needed including any special initiatives or projects to support to operations.
- Promotes quality through accuracy and performance improvement
- Dependability, punctuality, and ability to keep commitments is a must.
- Approaches others in a tactful and professional manner
- 17. Ability to work efficiently in a team and coordinate with other departments
- 18. Ability to perform parts research
- Associate degree required in Technology or related field
- Three to five years related experience in a similar role and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess background in maintenance systems and planning supporting a manufacturing environment..
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, including being able to plan and communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate clearly to different departments.
- Needs to possess or develop knowledge and understanding of food labeling laws
- Excellent computer skills including: Microsoft Excel and Word, ability to train on a Computerized Maintenance Management System
Director of Manufacturing Recruitment
Recruitment professional since 1983, Mary is the first associate of the firm since its inception. Through her many years of experience, she has developed long-lasting professional relationships and has developed an extraordinary network within the food manufacturing industries. Graduate of Hilbert College.