Albion, NY 14411
• Manage the maintenance of plant equipment, machine tools, buildings, heating, air conditioning, electric, gas, water and air systems, sewer and waste disposal systems, fire sprinkler systems, parking lot facilities, landscaping, snow removal, janitorial cleaning and company vehicles.
• Plan, layout and schedule work for functional areas of responsibility and delegate work on a project or individual basis to subordinate staff members.
• Hire, train, monitor, discipline, evaluate and develop employees. Assist subordinates with diagnosing and remedying difficult problems. Enforce organizational policies and employee rules of conduct.
• Monitor and regulate the operation of departmental areas and investigate solutions to complex problems affecting functional areas of responsibility.
• Source outside vendors. Establish project scope and needs and request quotations. Supervise completion of project.
• Continue the development of a comprehensive preventative and predictive equipment repair program.
• Develop and monitor formal control programs to track and regulate repair costs and spare parts inventories.
• Work with corporate engineering personnel to design, plan, schedule and complete capital improvement projects.
• Prepare and maintain department reporting and record-keeping systems.
• 3 – 5 years of related management experience within a manufacturing/plant setting.
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
• Strong mechanical ability and a working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and PLC systems are required. Demonstrated ability to apply and conduct good root cause analysis techniques and resolve problems is essential.
• Computer proficiency in Work, Excel, Internet, e-mail, and database systems is required.
• Working knowledge of “Total Productive Maintenance and MP2 and Maximo computerized preventative maintenance programs experience are highly desirable
• Must have a strong floor presence and be able to interact effectively with people at all levels.
Director of Manufacturing Recruitment
Recruitment professional since 1983, Mary is the first associate of the firm since its inception. Through her many years of experience, she has developed long-lasting professional relationships and has developed an extraordinary network within the food manufacturing industries. Graduate of Hilbert College.