Machine Shop Supervisor
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
Our client is looking for a Machine Shop Supervisor to provide a wide range of supervisory and technical support for the machine shop, assembly and pump testing departments to include but not limited to the following:
- Manage, supervise, and direct shop personnel in day to day activities relating to productivity, attendance, quality, and overall attitude. You will supervise 4-5 machinists, 2 assemblers, 2 testers, 1 painter, 1 welder, 1 inspector and 1 cleaner/blaster.
- Hours are 3:30pm to Midnight
- Instruct and train employees on both manual and CNC machines as necessary.
- Instruct and train employees concerning pump assembly and performance testing.
- Maintain productivity – determine cause of issues/problems, assist, motivate employees when necessary to meet productivity requirements.
- Trouble-shoot/resolve machining, assembly, pump testing and processing problems as necessary.
- Assist with CNC programming when necessary, including optimization of existing programs.
- Maintain a safe work environment – perform accident investigations when necessary.
- Assist with development of and implementation of productivity and cost reduction projects.
- Assist with Identification, selection, justification, and installation of capital equipment as required.
- Define tool selection and fixture design on manual and CNC machines
- Define and affect assembly, testing and manufacturing processes including set-up and run times (create routings and set up instructions) for machine shop, assembly, pump testing, weld, and other miscellaneous processes. Including selection/use of mandatory procedures, processes, etc. to meet customer, industry and military specifications.
- Perform other similar or related duties necessary to accomplish department and company objectives.
- Four year technical degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 7-10 years’ experience which includes a machine shop background and CNC programming experience.
- Experience in a Union Shop environment
- Previous experience working with an MRP based production system.
- Experience with working with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Database.
Michael DeBellis, Jr.
Recruitment professional since 1978 with disciplines in sales / marketing, engineering, manufacturing, accounting / finance, human resources and general management. Previous experience includes college recruiting, advertising / sales promotions and Fortune 500 consumer product sales. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel in 1978 and left as assistant manager in 1982 to form DeBellis Associates. Joe Catherine joined Mike in July 1983 and formed DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Longtime employee Vince Morreale was named partner in 2006 and the name changed to DeBellis, Catherine, Morreale – corporate staffing. Mike holds a BS in business management / marketing from SUNY Empire State College. Mike is a former member of the executive board of the WNY Chapter of the American Heart Association, member of the board of directors of Heritage Christian Services, past board member and vice president of the board of governors at the Park Country Club in Williamsville, NY and actively participates as a volunteer with Special Olympics and various activities with children & adults with special needs. He is an avid golfer and has published his first children’s book, called “Charlie and the Cardboard Box, ” a story about a little boy who needs to use a wheelchair. The book illustrates that despite disabilities, these kids have the same dreams and aspirations as everyone else.