International Tax Manager
Niagara Falls, NY
Unique opportunity to join International Manufacturer as a Tax Manager with regional responsibilities in all areas of taxation for the Americas and to play a key role in our Global Tax Department. Effectively you will be looking after all tax affairs in the Americas region of the Group, with the US being the main jurisdiction you will have responsibility for. The role covers Federal, State and local taxes. As a Nasdaq listed business there is a strong focus on SOX-compliance and quarterly reporting. You will assist in improving the existing processes and you will be an integral part of the reporting process for the Americas region. In addition to managing our US taxes, you should expect dealing with transfer pricing issues, corporate transactions (M&A, restructurings) and other international tax issues. Outside the US you will work with local Finance teams to ensure tax compliance in Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Venezuela. The role will have a dual reporting line into the local TBD based in Niagara Falls and the Global Head of Tax based in London. As we build a world class tax department post the merger of the 2 legacy groups, this role will provide you with the opportunity to be part of a dynamic Finance team and have an impact on our tax operations in the Americas.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in international tax with Big 4 or Big 4 equivalent (law) firm; and/or combination of in-house experience
• Must have excellent US tax knowledge, including recent US Tax Reform
• Must have international tax experience, ideally in a US inbound context
• Must have excellent US Compliance and Reporting experience, dealing with and managing statutory auditors and SOX internal controls framework, documentation and processes
• Must have Transfer Pricing experience
• Exposure to European tax issues considered a plus
• Corporate restructurings and M&A experience considered a plus
• Experience with managing tax audits / tax controversy
• Exposure to metallurgical / natural resources / commodities industry considered a plus
• Excellent English language skills are a must; Spanish would be considered a plus
• Analytically strong, team-player with curiosity for our business operations
• Some travel to the UK HQ and within the Americas region can be expected
Executive recruiting since 1992. One of the most common questions I get asked is, “What areas of recruiting do you specialize in?” My answer is always, “Helping WNY businesses find amazing WNY talent.” It has been in manufacturing, engineering, human resources, sales or any other professional area.
The 12 years prior to joining DeBellis & Catherine Associates, he held human resources generalist positions at United Airlines, Merck Pharmaceuticals and M&T bank, specializing in recruiting and training. Vince holds a dual BS from State University College at Buffalo in business administration and education. He was named partner in January 2006 forming the new name of DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale.
- Hobbies/fun facts: Classic car enthusiast, golf