Chester County , PA 19301
International Buyer: Paoli, PA
To continue our client' s growth path, they need an international buyer to oversee the purchasing and procurement of international products for retail and private label businesses. This is a newly created role so they need someone who has experience selecting and developing product concepts that align with our sales and brand requirements. You must also love the " thrill of the hunt” as you will visit international factories several weeks out of the year.
You will be challenged to work both strategically and tactically across diverse product portfolio. One minute you might be leading negotiations with a supplier, the next minutes evaluating a supplier' s qualifications and the next minute coordinating the shipment of newly sourced goods. Regardless of the task, it' s critical you have strong situational awareness and EQ as you' ll work with diverse stakeholders across the organization.
- Selecting and developing new product concepts that align with sales and brand requirements
- Developing large vendor relationships with proven ability to lead impactful negotiations that add value for business
- Conducting negotiations and securing comprehensive agreements with suppliers covering price, quality, payment terms, and lead times
- Making data driven decisions as it relates to sales and product performance to influence future purchasing decisions
- Maintaining a high level of industry expertise and supplier/market conditions to leverage into new product opportunities
- Developing a wide and diverse network of overseas suppliers to build a comprehensive product assortment
- 3+ years of experience in international product purchasing or development
- Experience working with product development merchandising teams to build product assortment
- Experience traveling to Asia to source product and work with manufacturers (multi lingual capabilities are NOT required)
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to challenge vendors for aggressive price targets
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically to attend trade shows, visit manufacturers, and source product
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Tami is the director of marketing recruitment and specializes in working with her clients nationally to place top candidates in the marketing, analytics and sales roles. She lives the company motto of “The Right Person is Everything” and has sourced and placed high-caliber talent with that thought in mind.
Before devoting her work to bringing the “Right” companies and candidates together, Tami spent 18+ years in leadership roles in sales, marketing and customer relations positions herself. Tami has transitioned her experience to a very-results driven, personalized successful recruiting career. She takes great pride in gaining a complete understanding of a client’s corporate culture, vision and goals in order to find the best matched candidates, creating a new opportunity for both. Tami is a customer-focused results-driven professional with an equal focus on business development and hiring exceptional talent. She works across all industries with multi-channel retailers, e-commerce, agencies, CPG companies, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, etc.
Tami also has a passion for community and supporting foster care programs. Her favorite quote is “Attitudes are contagious, Is yours worth catching?” At least once a month you can find her front row at her favorite concert, sometimes twice!