Buffalo, NY 14222
The Insurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring requisite insurance coverage(s) is in an amount and form necessary to comply with loan investor requirements as they are updated and amended. Will work on other related projects and tasks as needed.
- Second level of contact on insurance questions, coverage requirements and investor guidelines.
- Review Investor insurance guidelines and loan documents to establish baseline requirements
- Review Loan Documents, Appraisals, Engineering, Seismic, and Environmental Reports to determine loan-specific insurance requirements
- Preform annual review of insurance certificates, policies, statement of values and invoices to determine compliance with Investor guidelines
- Process Insurance waivers/Exceptions with supporting documentation for non-compliantinsurance issues
- Responsible for maintaining insurance data in the Enterprise servicing system as applicable
- Satisfy insurance related reporting to investors
- Understand the insurance casualty provision and claim process for Borrower advisement purposes
- Maintain integrity of system data as it pertains to insurance updates
- Maintain a record and history of updates and amendments for compliance and data integrity purposes
- Ensure follow up for exception items within constrained time frames
- Review, route, and process all items received
- Work with and assist the Servicing Insurance Front-End division as needed
- Identify and communicate insurance related issues and trends
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three to five years of experience in Commercial Lines Insurance, Mortgage Servicing, or Escrow.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team, while providing a strong individual contribution
- Excellent attention to detail, judgment, flexibility, accountability and dependability
- Clear knowledge of Commercial Insurance Coverage –Property, (including Flood, Wind, Earthquake and Terrorism), General Liability (including Workers Comp and Auto),
- Professional Liability and Umbrella/Excess Liability Insurance
- Requires excellent communication skills, written and oral, through all levels of the organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Executive recruiting since 1992. One of the most common questions I get asked is, “What areas of recruiting do you specialize in?” My answer is always, “Helping WNY businesses find amazing WNY talent.” It has been in manufacturing, engineering, human resources, sales or any other professional area.
The 12 years prior to joining DeBellis & Catherine Associates, he held human resources generalist positions at United Airlines, Merck Pharmaceuticals and M&T bank, specializing in recruiting and training. Vince holds a dual BS from State University College at Buffalo in business administration and education. He was named partner in January 2006 forming the new name of DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale.
- Hobbies/fun facts: Classic car enthusiast, golf