IT Systems Administrator
Buffalo, NY 14225
Our client, an excellent manufacturing company, based in WNY is looking for a computer network administrator; job duties include:
• Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including server hardware and software, client hardware and software, and network infrastructure.
• Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
• Configure, secure, monitor, and maintain ERP systems.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
• Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations and determine hardware and software requirements related to such changes.
• Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
• Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, and security updates.
• Ensure overall system uptime, security, and optimal performance, including a disaster recovery plan.
• Manage new technology deployments to ensure expected results are obtained.
A BS in computer science or information technology and 2-5 years experience in a related field doing network administration; an excellent hands-on computer network position.
Salary in the $45-65K range depending on experience, plus very good benefits.
Call Joe Catherine for more information: (716) 632–1500 and/or send your resume today!
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruitment professional since 1970 with disciplines in accounting / finance, construction management and banking, manufacturing, and human resources. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel Services in 1970 and after two years was appointed manager and then managing partner. Joe merged AFCO Personnel Services in 1983 at which time he and Mike DeBellis founded DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Joe attended SUNY at Buffalo studying liberal arts and sociology. He was active with the Niagara Falls & Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, executive committee for the Porter Cup amateur golf tournament and was on the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. He is currently an active member with the Williamsville Rotary Club.