Financial Systems Administrator
Buffalo, NY US
Financial Systems Administrator
Scope of Responsibility: The Financial Systems Administrator reports to the Controller and is responsible for leading initiatives related to financial systems development, customizations, applications administration, and data maintenance for the Accounting department. The major focus of this position is the Aderant Financial System (billing, general ledger, accounts payable, time, and expense) and other financial system integrations including collections and profitability. Duties are to be performed from established Firm procedures with moderate supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer. Regular and predictable attendance is one of the essential functions.
1. Responsible for the overall installation, customization, enhancement, maintenance, and support of the financial systems, primarily Aderant Expert and its peripheral applications (DFTech, ARCS, FRx, etc.).
2. In-depth understanding of the Expert data structure.
3. Assist in all financial systems-related projects' technical and functional aspects including analysis of the current business, detection of critical deficiencies, and recommendations of solutions for improvement. Responsible for full end-to-end cycle including requirement gathering, planning, testing, and implementing.
4. Frequently provides direction to less experienced members of the team.
5. Develop, modify and maintain billing templates using Docudraft.
6. Assist as a liaison between the IT and Finance department and work closely with Finance personnel in direct support of financial systems.
7. Provide technical support for all financial applications including resolution of user issues.
8. Maintain client confidentiality.
9. Manage database access permissions and privileges.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Basic understanding of accounting principles and terms.
2. Previous financial systems experience (preferred Aderant).
3. Intermediate understanding of SQL and relational databases including views and stored procedures
4. Excellent analytical, problem-solving, project leadership, and troubleshooting skills.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional communications and work collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented working environment and throughout operational groups.
6. More than 40 hours per week may be required, particularly at month end, to perform the essential duties of this position.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Finance or IT-related field, or equivalent. 3-5 years of related financial systems, applications, and database experience. Aderant Expert experience preferred.
The above is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, National Recruiter
Peggy is the newest exciting addition to our staff and joined DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale in 2020. Bringing 15 years of recruiting experience, Peggy brings 20+ years of solid experience to the DCM team! In addition to her degree in Marketing from SUNY Alfred State, she has a demonstrated history in successful placements in the areas of Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, Medical, Accounting/Finance and Engineering. Peggy prides herself on working tirelessly to help clients and candidates alike find a great fit for their businesses and careers. Taking her passion for recruitment outside of the workplace, Peggy has used her volunteer time to speak at local colleges to help student-candidates early on in their careers with critical skills for future success such as guidance on creating a solid resume, conducting a successful job search, and the all-important interview preparation.
When not working hard recruiting, Peggy enjoys traveling and exploring new places, gardening, and baking.