Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
New York, NY
Our client is hiring a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager that will play a critical role in partnering with the Chief Financial Officer (' CFO') to develop, implement and maintain processes, tools, reporting support and analysis in order to optimize the company' s financial statements.
Critical responsibilities include sales reporting and forecasting, sell-through analysis, implementation and analysis of P&L by wholesale account and doors, chargebacks controlling, contribution in the monthly reporting to Corporate office located in France, and participation in open to buy optimization.
- Prepare and update weekly sales flash including update of sales forecast for both Retail and Wholesale
- Work closely with Wholesale and Retail Managers to assess risks and opportunities in sales
- Prepare and analyze monthly sales package, including comments on variation against budget and last year, analysis by accounts /stores, product family analysis. Compare US performances to International performances
- Sell-through reporting: update and maintain Sell-through file by accounts and by doors on a monthly basis.
- In-charge of month end sales reconciliation between all the different systems
- Returns: In charge of updating, tracking and challenging returns from
- Comparison of Returns Authorized with actual products returned and chargebacks. Update month end accrual for returns
- Participate in Sales annual Budget and re-forecasts
- Track and determine terms per accounts and MSRP for both US and Canada
- In-charge of developing, maintaining and analyzing P&L by accounts
- Working closely with accounting department, implementation of controlling tools for In Store Support chargebacks from
- Reconcile, forecast and challenge In Store Support chargebacks
- Determine In Store Support accrual on monthly basis
- Contribute in budget and forecasts of Wholesale accounts P&L contribution
- Monthly update of Inventory position by SKU and location (warehouses and retail store), valorization of units at a unique Moving Average Cost per SKU
- Determination of inventory devaluation in collaboration with the Supply-Chain department
- Monthly flows reconciliation between financial statements (MAS90) and operational systems (Retail Pro, 3rd Party Logistic ERP)
- Determination of reported Samples and Gifting P&L impact (allocation of testers and samples between CoGS and OPEX)
- Contribute in improvement of the Open To Buy and Purchasing tools working closely with the Supply-Chain department
- Prepare monthly reporting file by extracting journal entries and reconciling with Trial Balance
- Update and analyze actual results by cost centers, comment variance versus budget and last year.
- Maintain and update links between the Group reporting file and US internal files.
- Contribute in analysis and forecasting of Cash Flow Statement
- Contribute in monthly overall analysis and comments to the Board.
- System reconciliation and administration
- Analysis of flows and neutralization of internal flows (such as Warehouse to Retail Store flows)
- Various ad-hoc analyses and forecasts as requested by management
- Work with other department to improve processes, tools and report
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with a CPA
Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in the Wholesale / Retail industry
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for sales analysis and forecasting, inventory control and simplified P&L management.
- Technology savvy with extensive skills in Excel, database management, knowledge and prior experience with SQL. Knowledge of Navision and Retail Pro is a plus.
- The ideal candidate has highly developed analytical skills, is focused on problem solving with attention to detail and is autonomous and organized
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to deliver on a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, honesty, credibility, and dedication to the mission. Follows through on commitments
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Tami is the director of marketing recruitment and specializes in working with her clients nationally to place top candidates in the marketing, analytics and sales roles. She lives the company motto of “The Right Person is Everything” and has sourced and placed high-caliber talent with that thought in mind.
Before devoting her work to bringing the “Right” companies and candidates together, Tami spent 18+ years in leadership roles in sales, marketing and customer relations positions herself. Tami has transitioned her experience to a very-results driven, personalized successful recruiting career. She takes great pride in gaining a complete understanding of a client’s corporate culture, vision and goals in order to find the best matched candidates, creating a new opportunity for both. Tami is a customer-focused results-driven professional with an equal focus on business development and hiring exceptional talent. She works across all industries with multi-channel retailers, e-commerce, agencies, CPG companies, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, etc.
Tami also has a passion for community and supporting foster care programs. Her favorite quote is “Attitudes are contagious, Is yours worth catching?” At least once a month you can find her front row at her favorite concert, sometimes twice!