Email Marketing Analyst
LA area, CA
Our client, a multi-channel retailer, is growing like crazy. As a result, they' re looking for an Email Marketing Analyst who will play a key role in developing and executing email, SMS and push marketing strategies across the entire customer journey to drive site/store traffic, mobile app downloads, revenue, customer acquisition, and customer retention. Collaborate with internal and external partners, stay current on email, SMS, and push marketing best practices, as well as identify new betas and innovations that propel growth. They have a rapidly growing e-commerce and digital marketing program, and this is an opportunity to both develop and apply your skills.
- Assist in executing and evangelizing email marketing program strategies including the development of marketing and transactional emails, maintaining the email marketing calendar, developing creative briefs, determining testing strategies, communicating business requirements, measuring results and managing overall process to drive and achieve incremental sales and customer acquisition and retention.
- Create triggers, automations, and journeys within Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Partner with CRM team to determine segmentation and develop reporting based on program and campaign needs supporting lifecycle marketing programs from concept to implementation for acquisition, retention, reactivation and loyalty campaigns across marketing, transaction and triggered emails.
- Proactively partner with merchants, graphic designers, website team, brand marketing, IT, customer service and store operations to drive overall program efficiency and success.
- Build strong relationships with email, SMS, and push vendors.
- Communicate critical performance metrics including weekly, monthly and quarterly program performance as well as testing, SL and heat map analysis to drive program optimization.
- Develop, produce, and leverage reporting to determine the effectiveness of email strategies (heat maps, deliverability, performance, etc.)
- Recommend new ideas and innovations to grow and improve site/store traffic and revenue while optimizing contact strategies for overall file health.
- Keep current with digital marketing industry trends and best practices.
- Partner and coordinate work with outside agencies as required.
- Bachelor' s degree in Business, Marketing, or quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years of demonstrated email marketing experience at a mid to large size retail company
- Expertise in HTML, CSS, Ampscript, responsive design, SQL, and an understanding of email design and best practices
- Strong ability to QA and troubleshoot code in a timely manner
- Experience with SMS and Push marketing a plus
- Experience with ExactTarget/Salesforce, Return Path, Liveclicker and Bluecore strongly preferred
- Experience with Redpoint a plus
- Excellent analytical and creative skills
- Ability to multi-task; work both independently and in a team structure; have sound judgement and business acumen and strong attention to detail
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…