Electrical CAD Designer/Drafter
Buffalo, NY US
Our client is looking for an Electrical CAD Designer/Drafter to create the technical illustrations which are used as visual aids for the creation of complex equipment, including technical details such as procedures and dimensions.
- Some travel to project job sites to gather information, and determine limitations and feasibility of designs
- Work with project managers, foreman, and safety manager to create site logistics models and drawings for field verification, safety, and use
- Create and modify 2D, BIM's and 3D Models
- Coordinate between construction drawings, approved submittals, and construction documents in preparing electrical field drawings
- Communicate potential design issues to engineers
- Conduct research when required
- Create graphics, renderings and animations for projects, business development, and marketing
- Template/Scripting Development
- QA/QC of model progress
- Hand drawing may be required for As-Built Drawings and Sketches
- Ensure models are updated for as-built conditions
- A bachelor's or associate's degree in electrical drafting, drafting design, electrical engineering, or similar.
- A minimum of two years' experience as an electrical drafter.
- American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with CAD software, such as AutoCAD, Revit, and SolidWorks.
- Excellent understanding of a range of electrical generation and transmission systems.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical safety regulations, building codes, and health standards.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills.
- The ability to stay up to date with the latest developments in electrical systems and best practices.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative abilities.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Courtney has worked in the recruitment industry since 2013 and is currently the director of marketing recruitment. She specializes in placing candidates within e-commerce, digital marketing, analytics, CRM, loyalty marketing, and sales/account management positions across various industries nationwide. By working to develop close relationships, she is able to effectively match the right candidates with the right clients, and as a valued resource to both parties throughout the process. Her favorite thing about recruiting is hearing how candidates have found success and career growth within their new companies.
Before recruiting, she worked in digital marketing, specializing in search engine marketing. She holds an MBA from Canisius College and a bachelor’s degree from Niagara University, where she also played Division 1 soccer.
- Hobbies: Baking - creating artwork on cookies, playing soccer and, of course, spending time with my crazy Goldendoodle Winston. Biggest addiction: chocolate chip cookies & cheese