ENGINEER / STRUCTUAL DESIGN
Buffalo, NY 14201
Our client, and excellent local manufacturer is in need of a structural design engineer with Tekla Design software experience.
The Structural Steel Design Engineering Team Leader is a leadership position responsible for the productivity and efficiency of the company’s structural steel design and detailing processes, staff, and outside resources. Responsibilities include supervision, scope definition, structural design, analysis, and detailing of various industrial mezzanines and other structures for our customers. This is a working supervisory role.
1. Demonstrate consistent professional leadership and strategic thinking.
2. The safety of yourself, your direct reports, and all the people you work with.
3. Establish and maintain KPI's for the department as well as for each direct report.
4. Consistently analyze Department's overall value proposition to ensure maximum productivity is being obtained from all resources.
5. Work closely with the Engineering Manager to identify and define department strategy and goals to support the continuous improvement of the Engineering Department.
6. Utilize mastery of structural steel design software to design and detail structures to fulfill customer requirements.
7. Collaborate with internal and external engineers as needed to validate design meet codes and standards.
8. Responsible to work with manufacturing department and sub-contractors to ensure design intent is understood and quality is met.
9. Work with Project Management to ensure products are released and available in a timely matter to meet schedule.
10. Able to both create designs from scratch as well as re-purpose existing design concepts into new ones.
11. Employ Design for Manufacturing (DFM) practices to achieve maximum cost benefit to produce parts and assemblies.
12. Leverage commonality and library components to minimize risk and maximize profitability.
13. Travel to Supplier, Partner, and Customer sites as needed to ensure quality and performance.
14. Attract, hire, and grow talented employees.
15. Perform your role as an individual contributor in such a manner so that it sets the bar for others to follow.
16. Perform other duties as requested.
Education and Experience:
• B.S. degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• 10 or more years of progressive experience in a related role.
• Experience working for an OEM or a steel fabricator is preferred.
• Some supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
• An entrepreneurial spirit is essential. You must be a person who is motivated to get things done, done well, on time, and as efficiently as possible, with minimum resources.
• Finding solutions to the most improbable challenges must motivate you. Not deter you.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Proven track record of leadership, communication, and career growth.
• Expert level user of Tekla.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, ERP systems, and CAM tools.
• Working knowledge of relational databases
• You must be highly self-motivated.
• Being an effective and convincing leader.
• Safety - Shows concern for safety, identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
• Quality – Follows up to ensure high quality output, takes action to solve quality problems or communicate quality issues to management.
• Teamwork - Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals and treats others with respect and dignity.
• Client Focus – Provides service excellence to both internal and external clients.
• Accountability – Willingly accepts personal responsibility for decisions, actions, attitudes and behaviors that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the organization. Communicates effectively, follows through on assignments, uses resources efficiently and participates in learning opportunities.
Please call Joe Catherine for more information at (716) 632-1500 and/or send your resume to: [email protected]
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruitment professional since 1970 with disciplines in accounting / finance, construction management and banking, manufacturing, and human resources. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel Services in 1970 and after two years was appointed manager and then managing partner. Joe merged AFCO Personnel Services in 1983 at which time he and Mike DeBellis founded DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Joe attended SUNY at Buffalo studying liberal arts and sociology. He was active with the Niagara Falls & Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, executive committee for the Porter Cup amateur golf tournament and was on the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. He is currently an active member with the Williamsville Rotary Club.