Director of Operations
- Develop 1, 3 and 5-year company business plans. Create the required structure to meet plan objectives and goals.
- Gather reports from individual departments and compile for review and analysis.
- Consult and assist preparers in developing and approving annual operating budgets.
- Conduct regular corporate performance meetings based on report findings.
- Develop a list of strategies for each department to improve its operations through benchmarking and proper goal setting.
- Set transparent objectives that are clearly and effectively communicated to support execution.
- Develop an organizational culture that employees take pride in leading to employee satisfaction, dedication and longevity.
- Design procedures which create ownership and buy-in.
- Create an environment in which employees encourage one another thus creating a positive culture.
- Encourage effective and positive criticism/feedback for the overall good.
- Ensure proper recruitment, training, and selection for all staffing requirements.
- Establish goals and carryout personal development reviews.
- Set and approve compensation plans for all employees.
- Facilitating open and honest communication among employees and between staff and management.
- Produce objectives that are clearly and effectively communicated company wide and kept " visiblea to support clarity and execution of activities, policies and practices.
- Coordinating employee team building activities.
- Ensure that all employee benefit programs are procured, administered and maintained within a proper, legally-compliant framework, and in a cost-effective manner. Research alternative benefit structures, pricing and vendors.
- Compile information and process weekly payroll function. Maintain fully automated system with report writer capabilities.
- Develop and maintain human resources' role as " internal consultanta on the legal and human aspects of employee issues.
- Provide managers with the policies, procedures, HR guidance, support and coaching necessary to effectively attain their goals and manage their departmental personnel.
- Maintain a current Employee Handbook, making revisions as necessary and communicating changes to all employees.
- Complete development of a comprehensive training (existing employees) and onboarding (new hires) program.
- Manage documents companywide with revision date and version number.
- 4-year degree in Business concentrating in Sales, Marketing, Finance. MBA preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in business management and Human Resources.
- Experience in hiring, training and personal development programs.
- Strong business planning, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Able to develop departmental goals and best practices with measurable performance.
- Dynamic leadership ability of both people and process.
- Excellent people skills with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problems solving techniques.
- Fluent in learning software programs and utilizing them to their full potential.
Vice President of Business Operations
Suzann is a well-rounded HR professional with a breadth of experience in recruitment and retention, employee relations, training; compensation; benefit administration, payroll and labor law. She conducted her very first interview 25 years ago as an HR Generalist, and has proudly gone on to screen and successfully place hundreds of people since that time. Suzann worked in Human Resource Management for 16 years beginning with her first professional position as an HR Administrative Assistant, and eventually moving up to the position of Director of Human Resources for several local companies. She achieved her PHR certification, and possesses an AAS in Business Administration. DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale placed Suzann in her last HR position, and when that company downsized the department in 2005, invited her to join DCM where she has been happily employed ever since!