Director of Merchandising
Chester County , PA 19301
Director of Ecommerce Merchandising: Malvern, PA
To continue our clients major growth, they need an ecommerce merchandising expert to develop and execute next generation supplier and product strategies for the retail and private label businesses and lead the in-house category managers to deliver on it. This is a highly visible leadership role so they need someone who has " been there and done that” as it relates to developing the right strategies that drive profit, revenue growth and market share gains. They also need a fearless leader who can implement Retail industry best practices and develop their team to reach their greatest potential.
You will be challenged to work both strategically and tactically across the diverse product portfolio. One minute you might be analyzing data to recommend modifications to product programs, the next minute negotiating supplier contracts, and the next minute partnering with demand planning to ensure they have optimal inventory. Regardless of the task, it' s critical you have strong situational awareness and EQ as you' ll work with diverse stakeholders across the organization.
- Owning their store, including providing detailed reporting and analysis relating to both revenue and costs to help make key business decisions and drive process/reporting improvements.
- Developing the ecommerce store and merchandising strategy and execution plan to achieve overall product growth and profitability for each of the online stores
- Building compelling and profitable product assortments of private label, exclusive and branded offerings that meet customer demands
- Prioritizing vendors and optimizing vendor funding and resources to maximize business results.
- Leveraging strong negotiation skills to drive COGS reductions on an ongoing basis
- Analyzing data to recommend and influence modifications to portfolio, product programs, and best value options
- Delivering thought leadership and best practices, evaluating new tools, and identifying trends that keeps them on the leading edge
- Providing hands on leadership to the merchandising team to ensure they are engaged and productive
- 7 - 10 years of experience leading and managing a team in a retail environment
- 5+ years of experience strategizing, running, analyzing, and improving supplier and product strategies
- Experience understanding and analyzing financial concepts and data to identify opportunities and risks of change on category and suppliers.
- Ability to influence leadership cross functionally to develop, roll out and continuously improve supplier partnerships
- Exceptional negotiation and interpersonal skills that can be leveraged in developing supplier and vendor relationships
- Proficient in presentation skills with the ability to understand how to communicate initiatives or strategies at different levels of the organization.
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Tami is the director of marketing recruitment and specializes in working with her clients nationally to place top candidates in the marketing, analytics and sales roles. She lives the company motto of “The Right Person is Everything” and has sourced and placed high-caliber talent with that thought in mind.
Before devoting her work to bringing the “Right” companies and candidates together, Tami spent 18+ years in leadership roles in sales, marketing and customer relations positions herself. Tami has transitioned her experience to a very-results driven, personalized successful recruiting career. She takes great pride in gaining a complete understanding of a client’s corporate culture, vision and goals in order to find the best matched candidates, creating a new opportunity for both. Tami is a customer-focused results-driven professional with an equal focus on business development and hiring exceptional talent. She works across all industries with multi-channel retailers, e-commerce, agencies, CPG companies, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, etc.
Tami also has a passion for community and supporting foster care programs. Her favorite quote is “Attitudes are contagious, Is yours worth catching?” At least once a month you can find her front row at her favorite concert, sometimes twice!