Director of Marketing
- Develop annual and seasonal brand and product marketing strategies and tactics that help build the brand, grow the customer file, reinforce the brand positioning and above all, drive traffic and engagement
- Partner with product marketing, product and merchant teams to build go to market strategies that drive growth and enhance the brand and its authenticity in the outdoors.
- Negotiate and manage a wide range of external partners (social, creative, media and PR agencies)
- Lead all retail marketing programs – national and local.
- Oversee social, print and television advertising and budgets.
- Oversee development of marketing strategy for new store openings, store closings, relocations and remodels
- Oversee all brand content including social media, brand and product videos and brand storytelling
- Oversee key brand sponsorships, partnerships, and events to participate with, and activation/outreach strategies
- Lead consumer insights
- Understand, monitor and report on the evolving competitive landscape
- Build strong partnerships with marketing, internal communications, retail operations, planning, merchandising, design and PLM, visual, digital and creative cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of messaging, offer and executional elements.
- Marketing liaison for international and licensing partners
- Functional managers/directors, senior executives
- Brand, Digital, Catalog, Ecom, Full Price and Outlet store partners
- Customer service and operations
- Merchandising, Planning, Creative & Visual Services, Licensing and International
- Outside vendors and agencies
- Bachelor' s degree in business or marketing desired. MBA a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of proven brand marketing experience, preferably with a lifestyle/image or outdoor brand
- Proven experience in managing complex, integrated marketing strategies and programs across multiple channels (e.G. Retail, online, direct mail, etc.) in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to manage complex array of strategic and tactical projects and processes with multiple partners
- Analytical with expertise in identifying consumer insights and implications
- Experience managing significant budgets
- Minimum five years managing teams up to three associates and in influencing extended teams/processes
- Strong project management skills with an ability to creatively problem-solve.
- Pro-active communicator. Excellent written and oral communication, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at many levels
- Comfortable in a highly visible role
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Courtney has worked in the recruitment industry since 2013 and is currently the director of marketing recruitment. She specializes in placing candidates within e-commerce, digital marketing, analytics, CRM, loyalty marketing, and sales/account management positions across various industries nationwide. By working to develop close relationships, she is able to effectively match the right candidates with the right clients, and as a valued resource to both parties throughout the process. Her favorite thing about recruiting is hearing how candidates have found success and career growth within their new companies.
Before recruiting, she worked in digital marketing, specializing in search engine marketing. She holds an MBA from Canisius College and a bachelor’s degree from Niagara University, where she also played Division 1 soccer.
- Hobbies: Baking - creating artwork on cookies, playing soccer and, of course, spending time with my crazy Goldendoodle Winston. Biggest addiction: chocolate chip cookies & cheese