Director of Email Marketing
The Director/Senior Manager, Email Marketing is the leader and champion of email marketing. This role is the business owner for e-mail who drives the channel forward by working collaboratively with multiple functional partners. The Sr. Manager, Email Marketing will drive customer acquisition & increase loyalty, by combining promotional, lifecycle and personalized marketing strategies. The Email Marketing Sr. Manager supervises a team of email marketing professionals who develop, execute and analyze email marketing campaigns. This role acts as a functional expert regarding best practices for email campaigns.
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primary ownership of the email program including sales, margin, file growth and subscriber engagement.
- Scope, develop and oversee CRM marketing strategies across email and push to meet Marketing KPI goals.
- Work closely with the Executive, Merchandising and Creative Services teams to develop comprehensive plans that support brand and business goals.
- Responsible for leading the channel towards real-time, personalized communication and away from mass marketing.
- Manage all aspects of email planning and segmentation process.
- Build and refine event-based triggers and lifecycle messaging across the customer lifecycle.
- Work closely with Business Intelligence, CRM Print team Merchandising to develop audience segmentation strategy.
- Manage email operations including coding, testing and deployment activities.
- Develop programs to support the consumer, B2B, retail channels for multiple brands as well as any brands developed and acquired.
- Grow the email list and maintain its health by managing deliverability, contact frequency and content.
- Partner with the Creative Services team to continually test and improve email content and subject lines.
- Work closely with Digital Merchandising, Creative Services and UX teams to optimize landing page conversion.
- Create relevant reporting and analytics which provide insight into issues and opportunities leading to action.
- Manage the relationship with Email Service Provider and all other email vendors.
- Manage, coach, develop, mentor and evaluate the eMail marketing team.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Ecommerce or related field.
- MBA or professional designation preferred.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of progressive marketing experience, with 3-5 years in email marketing or direct response marketing disciplines.
- Proven track record in managing email marketing strategy design and execution.
- CRM experience in Retail or Ecommerce industry is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous Management experience desired.
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”