Director of Email Marketing
El Segundo, CA
Director of Email Marketing: Los Angeles, CA
The Director of Email Marketing will be responsible for managing extensive and dynamic email marketing programs across a portfolio of different brands. This position will also develop and enact email policies, guidelines and best practices across all marketing email activity. This individual must be passionate, self-motivated, resourceful and possess strong communication skills.
- A strategic eCommerce marketer who can independently manage multiple campaigns and programs simultaneously
- Detail oriented and service oriented
- Skilled in managing both the big picture and fine details
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Collaborative and team-oriented work approach
- Deliver high quality email marketing campaigns, on time and on budget
- Own email team workflows, production capacity and schedule; identify process improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency and scale to capacity of the team
- Define, develop and execute email marketing plans, schedules and analytics for growing and optimizing email marketing programs with an eye towards increased revenue and/or engagement
- Planning, managing, and delivering multi-channel CRM campaigns
- Strategy development and customization to tailor communication around proper segmentation
- Drive customer loyalty and retention through email marketing
- Provide an actionable plan for list management, email campaign project management
- Infuse email best practices through work of the team, and develop the skills and contributions of all team members
- Engage 3rd party production vendors for QA, HTML template coding and other special projects as needed
- Partner closely with Account Management on reporting and insights for each campaign
- Understand and communicate business trends and program performance to senior management
- Bachelors' degree required, focus in Marketing preferred
- 5+ years' experience in email marketing, preferably in a B2C industry
- Solid understanding of the data systems required to target, deliver dynamic content, measure and optimize email campaigns. Experience with audience planning/content capping strategies is a big plus!
- Technical knowledge of CRM and analytical systems
- Proven success managing multiple projects for varied stakeholders simultaneously, in a fast-paced and results oriented environment.
- Excellent project management skills
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…