Director of Ecommerce
My client, a multi-channel retailer is looking for a Director of Ecommerce.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Lead, manage and develop an internal E-commerce team and oversee third party agencies supporting Email, Paid Search, and Affiliate work. Optimize and manage the mix of partner, contractor/consultants with our internal resources.
- Responsible for the functionality, support, and optimization of Company brands' customer-facing and backend technology and web platforms as well as manage systems integrations. Enable the Company to deliver a great seamless on-line customer experience. Collaborate with vendors using 3rd party technology as well as in-house systems applications to optimize and improve e-commerce marketing capabilities and process flows/efficiencies.
- Oversee eCommerce channels and platforms with regard to:
-Marketing & Promotion Calendars
-Digital Acquisition Strategies: Affiliates, SEM, PLAs, SEO
-Customer Contact Strategies: Email, Retargeting, Social Media
-Ecommerce Platform and Systems, such as SAP C/4HANA, PayPal, CMS, Gift Cards, Site Search
- Stay up to date on latest technology and tools relevant to our E-commerce business, be able to evaluate and implement as appropriate
Job Responsibilities and Skill Requirements:
- Effectively translates business rules, requirements, and customer experience needs into concrete and meaningful business and functional assets in the E-commerce space.
- Able to develop, maintain and measure process improvements pertaining to both the technology and the business environment (i.E., simplified checkout, page speed to CVR ratios, etc.).
- Develop new site features for the site based on strategic priorities, industry experience, customer feedback, and marketplace research.
- Independently generate new product ideas, research and analyze them for feasibility and bottom-line impact, then work with the appropriate teams to implement the ideas.
- Execute against performance targets in addition to tracking and delivering on key operational metrics (e.G., acquisition, engagement, retention, conversion, return on investment) and effectively managing large budgets
- Drive increased adoption of our cross-channel attribution solution to accelerate improvements in overall marketing efficiency and customer acquisition
- Implement and manage third-party pay-for-performance affiliate partnerships and agencies
- Manage the development and implementation of digital campaigns through internal and various digital agencies that meet brand awareness, traffic generation, ROI, lead generation and conversion objectives.
- Manage all aspect of digital marketing including SEM, Affiliate, Display Re-Targeting and Acquisition, Display/RTB, Social Advertising (FBX, Social Display), Paid Video, Email Marketing and content marketing
- Responsible for the analysis and KPI measurement of our agency and contractor performance in PPC, display, paid social media, affiliate and other web- based marketing programs; aid in designing targeting and optimization strategies to make a measurable impact
- Manage external and/or internal SEM resources to research/develop keywords, create and test ad copy, bid management of PPC campaigns as well as analyze SEO and PPC campaign data and optimize accordingly utilizing tracking and analytics solutions to deliver maximum return
- Expertise and experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms preferred, as well as other tools and services in the mobile environment
- Analyze data and deliver reports and summaries in a timely manner with clear-cut communication, including market, economic, competitive, consumer, and shopper insights
- Work with cross functional teams to drive conversions and new customer acquisition via direct marketing channels, social media and community outreach
- Accountable for meeting new customer, revenue, and margin goals, while managing a marketing budget efficiently and communicating progress to management
KPI's for this role include:
- Create annual budgets and manage P&L for E-commerce marketing (advertising expenses versus sales results) and holding team accountable for performance variances to plan
- Developing methods to significantly improve qualified traffic to sites
- Improve conversion rates within devices and channels
- Grow customer file size
- Manage projects and third-party expenses within budgets.
The requirements listed below represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in an E-commerce team or strategic marketing leadership role
- 7+ years of experience in participating in E-commerce field with experience and a strong understanding of e-commerce/B2C/B2B systems
- A strong background/knowledge in retail merchandising is a PLUS!
- Confident, self-motivated with strong sense of responsibility, able to use own judgment, take initiative and make day to day decisions
- Energetic and hard-working, willing to take a hands-on role and able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness and desire to participate in and lead change
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- A process-improvement driven attitude
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”