Director of Customer Experience
The Director for Customer Experience is responsible for leading the team that supports and executes the CRM and Digital (including social, and mobile) related strategies and tactical plans for the Oncology Franchises. The Director partners closely with U.S. Commercial internal functions (brand marketing, marketing analytics, media, strategic planning, marketing excellence, IT, and others), as well as directing outside agencies, and third party partners to drive brand performance. The ideal candidate must have significant expertise in Digital and CRM solutions for consumers and health care professionals. The qualified candidate should also have significant experience with sales and marketing automation platforms (such as Veeva and Adobe).
The role reports to the US Director of Customer Experience and will supervise a team of managers and associate directors dedicated to serving the Oncology franchises. The leader will be responsible for identifying and executing data driven CRM and digital strategies to include patient acquisition and patient adherence, HCP digital strategies, rep orchestrated sales and digital channels and Managed Health Care. This position is accountable to the brand marketing teams and assists in building relevant, connected, customer experiences across all channels, (paid, earned, and owned) tactics, and stakeholders. This role currently has 3 direct reports at the manager and associate director levels.
- Plan and Execute CRM, Digital, Social customer experience programs in partnership with business team leaders.
- Lead the creation of digital context and content needed to drive successful CRM and Digital Marketing Programs and address unmet needs aligned with business objectives including consideration, trial, preference and loyalty.
- Work with Marketing Analytics and Business Insights team to analyze program results to identify actionable insights as the basis for recommendations to continuously improve performance.
- Support the end-to-end development of online creative by partnering and educating brand teams on the needs of the patient, opportunities to improve the customer experience, and the implications for the creative brief, direction to agency and creative assessment
- Adopt new and existing processes and capabilities to create value based on customer insight (consumer, health care professional, payer, and provider) that positively differentiates the brand and company from the competition
- Help direct program content and tactical alignment to the Consumer and HCP journey and ensure that programs are approached both strategically and tactically to the priority business leverage points.
- Support Program Management as needed to keep projects on schedule.
- Lead brands through the business requirements needed to activate targeting and testing on Company's marketing automation platform.
- Support strategies and oversee execution of SEO and tagging with agencies Training/Development: Partners with internal training to identify and define appropriate CRM and Digital programs that require focused training and pull through.
- Support Execution in partnership with Digital Production Agency
- Support execution of brand team CRM and Digital priorities for the respective Franchise.
- Create an environment with clear communication and collaboration with brand teams, aligning agency with brand to ensure creative delivers on the stated strategy.
- Perform operations and coordination by working closely with analytics team and media team to ensure that CRM/Digital programs are reaching the right audience via the most effective, efficient media/channels.
- Contribute to best practice development and procedures.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing Operations to ensure CRM/Digital programs effectiveness and success in line with other CA&O priorities.
Market Research and Analytics:
- Partner with Market Research on relevant concept or creative assessment that warrants customer input/feedback in the evaluation and optimization stages.
- Partner with Analytics to evaluate programs at the aggregate Marketing Mix level, and also at the detailed patient flow level i.E. Awareness, adoption, adherence.
- Ensure that the customer Targeting efforts are aligned to the behavioral and attitudinal insights leveraged by the brand and created by Analytics and Market Research teams.
- Work with Analytics team to ensure that Marketing has the appropriate KPI's to track and monitor CRM and Digital program objectives.
- Leadership rallies others to a common vision, bring together various groups/individuals and leverages their diversity and differing views, creates an environment of autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong Communicator with ability to effectively package initiatives, milestones, achievements and outcomes into communications for different audiences
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to identify, address customer needs, align strategies and tactics, make the best use of digital channels
- Strong facilitation skills to drive collaborative solutions in a highly matrixed organization structure, gather feedback, and provides follow-up on how it will be addressed through solutions
- Strong written/oral communications
- Strategic thinker who can see the big picture opportunities for the business, and works with other subject matter experts to link capabilities to best meet these opportunities.
- 10 to 15 years of professional work experience: customer/consumer marketing experience, with 8+ years in demonstrated successful and recent digital/social media, and multi-channel deployment.
- Highly motivated change agent that can push against the status quo and seed new ideas, new ways of thinking, and new ways of working.
- Ability to attract talent and develop and coach team, 3-5 individuals.
- Strong organization, project management, and team leadership skills.
- Exceptional influencing, interpersonal, and communications skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrated ability to network and partner effectively across all functional areas, establishing productive relationships.
- Knowing how to get to win-win solutions internally and externally.
- Succeeds in a fluid and at times, ambiguous environment
- Ensures adherence to all corporate and divisional compliance policies and guidelines within assigned geographies
- MBA or Masters preferred. Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical marketing
- Experience in Oncology a plus
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the " essence and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures and manages innovation to reality
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”